UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

Group Buy: Aston Martin 330mm BBK

Old 09-02-2015, 05:07 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Group Buy: Aston Martin 330mm BBK

Aston Martin 330mm Single Piece Disc BBK Group Buy

The kit uses standard off the shelf 330mm discs and pads.

5 Kits - £999.00 (£850 excluding Discs and Pads)
10 Kits - £950.00 (£800 excluding Discs and Pads)

(P&P £10, Free collection from Warwickshire)

Kit includes:
Aston Martin Brembo 4 Pot Calipers (Black / Red / Silver)
330mm Single Piece MTec Discs (Choice of style) Option to add coating +£14
Performance Friction Z Rated Pads
Billet Machined Aluminium (Grade: 6082 T6) Brackets hard anodised with PTFE coat
Grade 12.9 Bolts

(All New Parts)

Register now.
1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -

Group buy can proceed once a minimum order of 5 has been achieved between S2000 and EP3 civics.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Couple of questions.
Are the calipers from the front or rear of the donor?
What piston sizes are they?

Why so expensive?
There are 4 pot kits with lighter 2 piece discs available for significantly less than this.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:22 AM

Couple of questions.
Are the calipers from the front or rear of the donor? - Rear. Not Donor, brand new parts.
What piston sizes are they? - Thought I posted that info before. Will measure tonight. When previously calculated, was very similar to OEM area. Pedal feel good. Not over / under sensitive.

Why so expensive? - If you don't want to pay that price, don't buy it!
There are 4 pot kits with lighter 2 piece discs available for significantly less than this. - Go buy them then.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:36 AM

I understand they're brand new, but what Aston Martin are they usually fitted to?

I did try searching for the piston size but couldn't find it on a previous post. This is pretty much required. Pedal feel can be subjective and very often accepted due to the cost of the kit. If the piston area is smaller than OEM you're going to get a shorter pedal which runs out of movement quickly resulting in the brakes locking before you're used to.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by FreakyParts
I understand they're brand new, but what Aston Martin are they usually fitted to?

I did try searching for the piston size but couldn't find it on a previous post. This is pretty much required. Pedal feel can be subjective and very often accepted due to the cost of the kit. If the piston area is smaller than OEM you're going to get a shorter pedal which runs out of movement quickly resulting in the brakes locking before you're used to.
Ill dig out my calculations. They are at home somewhere. Area's were calculated compared to OEM and not far off. I understand all the effects of piston size and importance for pedal feel.

Callipers from a V8 Vantage.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:48 AM

Be good to see how close they are to OEM they are. The only specs I can find is the calipers have 26mm.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Couple of questions.
Are the calipers from the front or rear of the donor?
What piston sizes are they?

Why so expensive?
There are 4 pot kits with lighter 2 piece discs available for significantly less than this.
Agreed, I doubt anyone will by these, as you said better kits for a cheaper price.
Also you asked a simple question as what makes this kit worth the money(hoping to learn something) and the seller told you to basically piss off.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:01 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Why so expensive?
Im going to have to stick up for Shadow on this. I've seen this kit and the quality of the bracket is spot on. Fully CNC'd and a huge amount of engineering gone into the design.

The material choice has been specified directly from FEA analysis to ensure it was strong enough and up to the job. The sole reason as stated in the other thread was to have a kit that used "affordable" replacement parts. The disks on this kit cost sub £100 for replacements and performance pads circa £70

I'm not sure where everyone keeps finding cheaper kits but there not going to have the maintenance costs of this kit.

Also I don't want to start a fight but i've had one of your kits Freakyparts and the brackets were very ..... let me say basic (not saying they didn't work but they could have been much lighter if some extra time went into them)

I believe these callipers retail at around £270+Vat so your looking at around £650 for the pair alone. Add £100 for the disks, £70 for pads and £30 for the bolts and your already at £850 without any work gone into the Brackets.

For what your getting this kits isn't over priced. Yes you can get cheaper kits but non that will work out cheaper for anyone who intends on keeping their car for any serious length of time.

Ill 100% be getting some of these!
Old 09-04-2015, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by har-vey
Also I don't want to start a fight but i've had one of your kits Freakyparts and the brackets were very ..... let me say basic (not saying they didn't work but they could have been much lighter if some extra time went into them)
Which kit are we taking about here?
Were they Aluminium or Steel?

Any news on the piston size yet?
Old 09-07-2015, 01:59 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by har-vey' timestamp='1441371661' post='23736897

Which kit are we taking about here?
Were they Aluminium or Steel?

Any news on the piston size yet?
Was a custom AP-Racing (seat-racing) set-up you made for my old Celica, here's a picture of the kit once back from being anodised. I'm not trying to mock your company as your service was second to none and as I said they functioned.

Quick Reply: Group Buy: Aston Martin 330mm BBK