UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Load lugger/Winter transport - 2004 Honda Accord Tourer

Old 01-23-2019, 11:14 PM

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Load lugger/Winter transport - 2004 Honda Accord Tourer

For sale is my 2004 Honda Accord Tourer, which has been faithful, comfortable, practical and reliable transport for the past few years.

The Accord is well specified with xenon headlamps, heated electric front seats, lumbar adjustment, dual zone climate control, electrically operating boot open/close, electric sunroof, electric heated mirrors, electric windows all round, speed sensitive wipers, boot cargo nets etc.

I have two 2 keys with remote central locking/auto boot opening etc.

This model has the 2.0 litre engine, which is quiet and refined, and also regularly turns in 40+ mpg on a motorway run. The manual gearbox is smooth and a pleasure to use.

The mileage is just coming up to 215,000, but before you click the ‘back’ button I’d urge you to read on, you might be surprised to hear that the Accord is not by any means on its last legs!

The car has had very mechanically sympathetic owners (2, plus me) over the years, and a full folder of service history, past MOTs and receipts show that all consumables and parts needed throughout its life have been bought and fitted to keep everything running well. It really drives beautifully and is very representative of the durability you can expect from Honda. Previous owners kept the car for 5-6 years each, and I have had it for around 3 and no expense has been spared on the mechanical upkeep.

It feels very stable and solid, the engine pulls well and it genuinely drives like a dream, or even like a new car.

So, the good bits:

-Everything electrical and mechanical works exactly as it should

-It burns no oil, is easy to service and maintenance items are freely available and well-priced

-It is hugely practical, and nothing in my ownership has ever been too big to fit in the boot

-It is extremely comfortable for all occupants, and travelling to work with heated seats will be something I’ll miss greatly

-The auto-opening boot is a godsend, and something I wish other cars had!

-There is no rust anywhere on the body

-The clutch was replaced with a genuine Honda item in July 2017, and the flywheel skimmed

-A new exhaust was fitted in 2018 from the manifold back as the original one (even after this age and mileage) had just started blowing slightly

-New Avon tyres were fitted in autumn 2018

-The last service was in August 2018

-The MOT is valid until July 2019, and passed the last one needing just a front ball joint replacement

The not so good bits:

-There are small chips/cracks in both front fog lights

-The front seats have a couple of marks/imperfections, not significant and certainly not enough to detract from their comfort, but I just want to be honest.

-The centre console plastic around the heated seat switches has a few marks, and the silver finish is slightly damaged

-The alloy wheels are straight and do not loose pressure, but the finish is not great and could do with a refurb if the aesthetics worry you

-Generally speaking I’d describe the paint condition as average. There are some lovely panels, and couple which have a flatter finish than you’d like, and the rear bumper has had a repair in a past life above the exhaust which is noticeable. I will state again there is no rust however.

I currently have an aftermarket stereo fitted to provide Bluetooth and ipod control, but have the standard one available along with the cubby hole/box that replaces it. I am happy to leave the phone holder in the car however (with iPhone charging cable)

The standard gear knob never felt that nice to use, so I currently have fitted a replacement one my wife bought me for Christmas! Again, the standard one will be provided in the sale.

So in conclusion, a mechanically solid and very practical load-lugger for sale which I really hope can find a new home with a caring owner that is not put off by mileage and cosmetic imperfections. Noting the price I am asking of course I hope you realise that this is not a showroom car so please do not expect as such. I honestly cannot bring myself to scrap the Accord (as many others might do) because it drives so well, does so many jobs so well and seems like such a huge waste of potential. Perhaps it could be used as a van……..

Viewings possible in West Sussex, any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Dan

07973 333066

Old 01-24-2019, 12:53 AM

Received 343 Likes on 320 Posts

Go on then put a price
Old 01-24-2019, 03:06 AM

Yeah, that was kind of an important bit eh!

Teach me to cut and paste from my PH advert!

I'm after £500 ono.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:13 AM

Received 126 Likes on 107 Posts

Blimey, closely related to my S2000's original reg! HJ54WJZ! I wanted one of those when I bought my Mazda 6, but couldn't find a decent one. That looks in decent nick! GLWTS.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:17 AM

Sold