UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Sprint/Hillclimb/Track car - £7500

Old 10-24-2017, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint/Hillclimb/Track car - £7500

** Sold **

Due to my imminent move back to Oz I regrettably need to sell my modified S2000 I've used for sprints and hillclimbs in modified road-going class. I've owned this for almost 10yrs and I would love to keep it but its just not practical to take to Australia.

Price: £7,500 with Nitrons or £6,750 with Bilstien PSS9.
  • Year 2000 Honda S2000. UK model. Silverstone Grey with extensive modifications.
  • The car was a well known s2ki forum car originally owned and modified by PJL - here is the original For Sale thread. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...r-sale-547370/. I've made a number of changes since then mainly to make it class legal for
    competing. Please read the current spec at the bottom of this post!
  • Class winner in multiple speed championships and held (and may still hold) a number of class records at sprint and hillclimb venues on 1A (road) tyres. Probably one of the fastest cars in its class nationally that was driven to events. Shelsley 34.91secs, Prescott 51.15secs, Curborough 1-lap 36.20secs, Goodwood 98.26secs (old layout from start-finish line), Gurston 38.40secs, Loton 61.82secs, MIRA 55.32secs, Castle Combe 73.70secs, Lydden 85.93secs, Anglesey National 2L 127.08.
  • Search for S2000 on my YouTube channel to see some videos of the car in action - https://www.youtube.com/user/kartaphilos/videos
  • This week it has had a new battery, new Honda brake master cylinder and fresh fluid, engine oil change
  • Large amount of spares available inc wheels, bodywork, gearbox, etc - I'll put up a separate for sale thread in the next day or so
Notes:
  • This is a road-going sprint/hillclimb car and not a show car. It's noisy (I wear ear plugs/head phones) and a bit uncomfortable on the road (but good fun). Don't expect something that is polished and shiny. It's built for a job and does it well.
  • SORN'd for the last 3yrs and no MoT (passed the last MoT with no issues). Needs a good service to ensure its all working as expected.
  • Coolant seeps slowly from right rear of the head gasket. It's been like this since I purchased the car in 2008 but hasn't got any worse. Coolant needs topping up every few tanks of fuel (from memory). I did a compression test a few times and saw no deviation between cylinders but worth keeping an eye on.
  • Chassis has high mileage at ~150k miles (AP2 engine ~60k miles) but had probably most wear items replaced over the years.
Happy to talk in detail to interested buyers and answer any questions you may have. Please pm or call me (Matt) on 07876 032 720.
(Scroll down for spec)

SPEC
Engine & Transmission
* AP2 2004 engine with ~60k miles on it.
* Spoon high compression head gasket
* Spoon Baffled Sump + Oil Temp Sensor Fitted into Sump for Oil temp Gauge
* Spoon Engine Mounts, Oil Filler Cap, Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
* Spoon Lightened Flywheel - 4.2 Kgs against OEM of 6.9Kgs
* Top & Bottom Main Water Hoses
* Cam Cover Painted 'Spoon' Yellow
* Exhaust Spoon? Manifold (+Ceramic Coating) & Tanabe Concept G Dual Exit Exhaust
* AEM ECU with dyno tuned map
* Mugen Carbon Air Intake & ITG Foam Air Filter
* Tokyo Express Widened OEM Throttle Body
* J's Racing Engine Damper & Heat Deflector
* Signal Oil Catch Tank + Samco Silicone Hoses from Engine Oil Breathers
* Krank Vents - One-Way Valves Fitted to main Oil Breather Pipe exiting into Oil Catch Can
* Light weight set of engine pulleys (Ricks accessories)
* Pacet 12'' Electric Fan - Adjustable thermostatic switch to control when fan kicks in
* Buddy Club Earthing Condensor Kit - it Lights up 'Blue' in the engine bay but it does Work - tickover is a lot smoother
* Spoon Gear Box Mounts
* Rik's Accessories gear quick shifter (Gear Lever) - this works really well. Check out gear changes in my videos - eg. Prescott
* Spoon Plate Type LSD & 4.77:1 final drive (Not in car as apart for rebuild)
* J's Racing aluminium solid diff mounts (nice gold anodised colour that you never get to see)
* SpoonRear Drive Shafts
* Braided clutch hose

Chassis
* Team Dynamics Race1.2 17" wheels (8" & 9") with custom offsets + Yokohama AD08 tyres
* Nitron coilovers with ride-height adjustment. 3-way damping at rear (for adjustable roll stiffness) and 1-way at front.
* Tarox 6 Pot Calliper Front Brake Kit 315mm grooved & vented floating discs & fast road/track pads
* Spoon Front Upper Strut Brace + Front Lower X Brace + Rear Lower Brace
* Spoon Front & Rear Suspension Arms
* Spoon Solid Steering Rack Bushes & Steering Rack Height / Geometry Correctors
* Spoon Offset Lower Front Suspension Arm Bush's
* Centre of Gravity Full set of 'Race Spec' / Hard Suspension Bushes
* J's Racing Rear Suspension Arm Geometry Alignment Kit (Corrects the geometry on 'Lowered' cars)
* Tanabe Front Anti-Roll bar on nylon bushes (I removed the Tanabe rear arb and replaced with standard to get some more rear grip - see spares below)
* Master cylinder brace to improve pedal feel under hard braking.
* Goodridge braided brake hoses - front & rear
* Removed front arch liners to lose some weight and gain wheel clearance when running 245 tyres at the front

Interior/Other
* Quick release Momo steering wheel (Spoon logo on horn)
* Sparco carbon fiber pedal set
* Cobra 'Monza 2' side mount race seats in red/black (red a bit faded)
* OMP 6 point harness for driver & 4 Point for passenger
* Custom made roll bar with removable diagonal to MSA specs. 3 point harness on passenger seat side to allow fitting of child seat (for scaring the kids).
* Vents cut out of OEM Bonnet - Helps reduce engine temps + sound / heat insulation removed from bonnet
* Modifry shift beeper - configurable multi stage limit.
* Modifry Yellow Jacket speed corrector (corrects the speedo for different diff gearing)
* Modifry coolant gauge adjuster (changes the temp gauge sensitivity. I've set it to show a smaller range so I know when the coolant is getting a 'little hot' rather than a 'lot hot')
* Posi-taps in loom for datalogger wiring fed into connector plug for DL1 logger and bolt down mounts
* Acumen DG8 - Digital Gear Indicator
* SPA 52mm gauges for water temp, oil temp, oil pressure. Warning lights on each gauge for high & low conditions. Oil pressure set at 60psi to warn of oil starvation at speed.
* Sony bluetooth radio/CD player.

Last edited by kartaphilos; 11-02-2017 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Sold
Old 10-25-2017, 11:45 AM

Nice specs! Dyno printout and more photos please?
Old 10-25-2017, 02:44 PM

I'll try and dig out a dyno print out... hopefully have one in the filing cabinet.

I have shared a few photo's here (hopefully the link works) - https://photos.app.goo.gl/BqCQaamO534398JB2
Old 10-27-2017, 06:53 AM

Here's the dyno chart when I got the AEM mapped at Surrey Rolling Road
Old 10-27-2017, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Matt - you should get in touch with Vinay - Peter's son, who wanted to buy this back in Peter's memory. I will try and put him in touch with you
His username is silvers2
Old 10-27-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle
Matt - you should get in touch with Vinay - Peter's son, who wanted to buy this back in Peter's memory. I will try and put him in touch with you
His username is silvers2
I contacted him a couple of weeks ago but he's not in a position to buy at the moment. I would hold on to it and sell when he's ready to buy.... but I've got to leave the country in just over a month.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by kartaphilos
I contacted him a couple of weeks ago but he's not in a position to buy at the moment. I would hold on to it and sell when he's ready to buy.... but I've got to leave the country in just over a month.
I could look after it for you
Old 10-29-2017, 12:53 PM

Eagle, you can certainly look after it... just need to give me a deposit first ;-)

(Have you ony got one s2k these days?)
Old 11-02-2017, 06:48 AM

Car has now been sold. IMHO They got a bargain! I hope they have as much fun in the car as I did.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:23 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Glad you got it sold!

Did it go on here or somewhere else, out of interest?

Quick Reply: FS: Sprint/Hillclimb/Track car - £7500