UK & Ireland Traders Forum Get great deals here!!
A Forum for UK & Irish Traders to offer their products or services and sell. If you are a trader and interested in participating please send a Private Message to AquilaEagle

HEL Performance S2000 Oil Cooler Kit

Old 07-27-2011, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dixon Motorsports
Can we not fit this right in front of the intercooler? We usually make custom bracket so can fit it wherever we like and any size we want, better than cut a hole on your bumper?

just thought that there would not be room, plus more duty taken away from the intercooler..... must be a common problem though?

Old 07-27-2011, 10:07 AM

We can put it near the left side of the oil cooler, it shouldn't effect much air flow as the cooler is not really that big.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:41 PM

Gav I actually like your original idea for placement of the cooler, and a bit of ducting to the cooler wouldnt go amiss too, in order to direct as much airflow to the cooler as possible. Its tidy there and getting its own airflow if you like, rather than sharing it with your intercooler and rad...

We only use genuine Aeroquip braided hose for this sort of application, which is rated far and beyond the sort of temperature and pressure you'll see in the car. And bore size would be dash 8. Its a pressurised system so dont be fooled by the online myths that bigger is better. Dash 8 is used on all our kits for all cars unless extreme race cars without issue.

Bracket wise as in the top picture we have a universal mounting bracket (top one). This is for a 6 series cooler though, so we'd have to modify it to suit a 1 series cooler for you, but its been done before so I'm not worried about that. You'd then just need to mock a small bracket on the car by the looks of it to mount the cooler to the car.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:38 AM

Again, thanks for the replies. Seems like the best option is to supply a series 1, 19 row cooler with the universal bracket. I can then mount this in the offside quarter or if I find this difficult etc I can then put it infront of the intercooler half of it would only be blocking the inlet rather than the finned section anyway.
Hoses are -8 aeroquip (I agree thats fine), take off is a mocal thermostatic sandwich plate. Mocal plates have 1/2BSP ports - are your stealth fittings a direct connect between -8 and 1/2BSP? Like wise at the cooler end it it a direct connection to the M22 port or do you use an adapter fitting first?
I think I would need to put some thought into the best angle for the fittings at the take off end (eg straight, 45 or 90).
Assume hose is cut to length by me and the fittings attached.

Can you know alaborate on the best sensor option in your opinion?
Originally Posted by HEL Performance
Regarding your sensor options you can either run a secondary sensor plate which will have 3 outlets for sensors to be plumbed into.
In your opinion the best option is too stack two sandwich plates? Is the sensor plate a special slimmer plate or standard thickness? Can I specify the threads? I need 1/8NPT and 1/8BSP. Do you pre-weld the two plates together or use two connection bolts in series? As said earlier I already have a greddy sandwhich plate for my sensors, can I re-use this?

Could you either indicate on here or via PM some prices and delivery times please? or PM if you would like me to call you.

Thanks. Gavin
Old 07-28-2011, 06:22 AM

Still think someone should make (or sell) a thermostatic take off plate with additional connections for sensors - I would be up for one. Using two sandwich plates just provides a further risk of oil leaks and moves the whole lot nearer to the exhaust.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:05 PM

Personally although it always means new hoses and essentially more cost, I'd always prefer to tap into somewhere than stack plates, but it is done and is possible if you have no other options. Lead times a couple of days at the moment.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:51 AM

Personally although it always means new hoses and essentially more cost, I'd always prefer to tap into somewhere than stack plates, but it is done and is possible if you have no other options. Lead times a couple of days at the moment.
I mentioned stack plates because that was your suggestion?! There are other options and I was asking for your ideas on whether I should use them. Please see my post before Davids.

BTW David, that plate does exist - http://www.trust-power.com/add/uploa...t/00132_02.swf there oil cooler parts can be bought seperately. See Type E, first one.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:00 AM

I have a sump plug adapter to fit which seems to fit the bill if you just want temperature sender - not ideal but will do for the time being and completely reversable.

Gav - linky no worky (and nothing obvious from a quick tour of the main site) but if you are tempted to buy one let me know and we can share the postage.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

David where did you get your sump plug adaptor?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by razzele
David where did you get your sump plug adaptor?
I bought it from here: WWW.RSPEC.CO.UK

They also have an eBay account. I believe it should be a M14 x 1.5 pitch.

Quick Reply: HEL Performance S2000 Oil Cooler Kit