UK & Ireland Traders Forum Get great deals here!!
A Forum for UK & Irish Traders to offer their products or services and sell. If you are a trader and interested in participating please send a Private Message to AquilaEagle

TTS-Performance Supercharger Kit (Group Buy Offers Available)

Old 07-04-2017, 01:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you can run your ITB's. however you will need to make a plenum to take these, but you will have no issues at all with the rest of the kit.
Thanks
Old 07-04-2017, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTS - Are you able to answer a few questions for me please? I was going to put this In an email but I think it might be useful to a few others.

1. Is a 2 part question and relates to servicing of the Rotrex charger. Reading on the Rotrex site its 50k miles or 2 years, I only do around 4k miles per year in the S and I've noticed the fluid is around £115 per litre and £30 for a filter, that's a fairly big ongoing expense on a car as cheap to service as the S2000. How much fluid does a change require? Does the unit use or leak any fluid in operation? as I've read about it coming out of the dipstick tube under sustained heavy load but I'm guessing this isn't normal?

2. Regarding mapping, I have an 06 so would require the Flashpro tool, are you able to supply a base map? I would want to bring it to you for mapping but live in Guernsey so it's a ferry trip and 3 hour drive so it would need to be running safe AFRs (I'll fit a wideband and have some experience mapping turbo MX5's with MS ecus). The other alternative I guess would be to leave the belt off the charger and run with the stock injectors?

3. What's the warranty on the Rotrex unit and what sort of failure rate do you experience? I've seen they're not repairable - I've got lots of experience with turbos but very little experience with superchargers and understand they have a lot of additional complexity due to the fact the crank spins much slower than the charger but the cost of a replacement unit is almost 2/3rds of the kit price!

Sorry for the essay and thanks in advance for any answers you can provide!

Josh
Old 07-04-2017, 02:02 PM

Received 621 Likes on 543 Posts

I've asked TTS about an upgrade supersport to race.. maybe i can add that to the group buy?

the charge fluid 1l will do a change and leave you some spare, its mostly in the cooler and pipes by the look of it
Old 07-05-2017, 03:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by milky
TTS - Are you able to answer a few questions for me please? I was going to put this In an email but I think it might be useful to a few others.

1. Is a 2 part question and relates to servicing of the Rotrex charger. Reading on the Rotrex site its 50k miles or 2 years, I only do around 4k miles per year in the S and I've noticed the fluid is around £115 per litre and £30 for a filter, that's a fairly big ongoing expense on a car as cheap to service as the S2000. How much fluid does a change require? Does the unit use or leak any fluid in operation? as I've read about it coming out of the dipstick tube under sustained heavy load but I'm guessing this isn't normal?

2. Regarding mapping, I have an 06 so would require the Flashpro tool, are you able to supply a base map? I would want to bring it to you for mapping but live in Guernsey so it's a ferry trip and 3 hour drive so it would need to be running safe AFRs (I'll fit a wideband and have some experience mapping turbo MX5's with MS ecus). The other alternative I guess would be to leave the belt off the charger and run with the stock injectors?

3. What's the warranty on the Rotrex unit and what sort of failure rate do you experience? I've seen they're not repairable - I've got lots of experience with turbos but very little experience with superchargers and understand they have a lot of additional complexity due to the fact the crank spins much slower than the charger but the cost of a replacement unit is almost 2/3rds of the kit price!

Sorry for the essay and thanks in advance for any answers you can provide!

Josh
Hi Josh,
Answers to your questions are as follows,
Rotrex Warranty, you are correct, it's 80,000 Kilometers, and 2 years. we recommend changing the oil once a year. Let's be honest, if you only drive 4K a year, then this wouldn't have destroyed the oil. You are correct, the oil is £99 + VAT and the filter is £25 + VAT. You will find that the oil tank only needs to have a around an inch of fluid in the bottom of the tank, it doesn't require being filled to the top as this will cause a slight blowout of oil. 1L of oil will fill the system with spare left over for the occasional top up. TTS can supply you with a flashpro or AEM unit, (If purchased from TTS and you book in with TTS for the fine tune with us, we can supply a base map which will get you here. please email me on Berrya@tts-performance.co.uk for more information.

The superchargers are not serviceable items, only the oil, filter and lines can be serviced. As we believe so much in the product we sell, we don't talk about failures. If you are unfortunate enough to have a supercharger go down on you, then we will do everything we can to get you back on the road. Firstly, tehy are immediately sent to Rotrex for investigation, so see the cause of the issue, if the charger has failed on component issues, this will be warrantied and you receive a brand new head unit.
Touch wood, we havent seen a dead s2000 charger for over 18 months since the revised charger design was released into the market. These are stronger superchargers with much better reliability on the the shafts, proving 99.9% effective.

I hope that answers your questions, and please feel free if you need any further information.
Lets get those orders rolling through.
Thanks,
Old 07-08-2017, 02:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

email sent
Old 07-13-2017, 02:45 AM

Email sent also with details. Awaiting invoice

1. Milky (Supersport kit)
2. Blair (Supersport kit)
3. Raz (DIY Bracket & Pully kit- (no supercharger))
4. Rnibleck(tom) - Full race kit. May change to bottom mount looking at other air con options.
5. Elstraughton (Full race kit) - providing enough people for 25% discount
6. Dazza1990 (Supersport kit)
Old 07-14-2017, 09:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi Everyone. We have ordered the material now, but please email me if you have not received your invoice as I don't think I have received an email from each member on the list. We have got the 25% discount, so it's all on. Email to get your discounted kit asap. Thanks again, Have a great weekend.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:57 PM

Received 343 Likes on 320 Posts

what deal for the V2 EMS if bought with the kit ?
Old 07-19-2017, 12:22 PM

email sent!
Old 07-20-2017, 03:05 AM
Former Sponsor

How many users would like a quote on the V2 EMS,
I could possibly get a better price if I know how many units are required.
Thanks,
TTS

Quick Reply: TTS-Performance Supercharger Kit (Group Buy Offers Available)