UMW Market Forsale forum. Members only.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 01 S2000 (literally topless)

Old 06-15-2016, 06:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: 01 S2000 (literally topless)

First Name: Marcio
Price: $14,000

Details about the Car:

Year: 2001
Make: Honda
Model: S2000
Mileage: 62,0xx (weekend driven only)
Color: Silverstone Metallic
VIN: JHMAP11401T004734
Title: Clean and paid off
Accidents: 1 (see below)

Reason for selling: As much as I love the S2000, my intent was to purchase a fun coupe sports car. Although I did enjoy the convertible aspect of the car, it wasn't long until I started purchasing hardtops to get that coupe feel/look. Another reason I'm selling is because I want to take a break from the sports car hobby and focus my money on other investments. Passing the point of cosmetic additions are engine/suspension which really take a toll on your funds and I rather purchase a fun weekend car later down the road that I love from factory without requiring any alterations to it's look. My S2000 was a fun project and has been with me since late 2012. I was lucky to purchase the vehicle from a previous owner who took well care of the car before turning it in to a Honda Dealership.

Here's a list of add-ons/deletions that have been made:

Add-Ons:
CR Front Bumper (pre-drilled from factory)
CR Front Lip
Re-manufactured AP2v1 Wheels
BFGoodrich Sport Comp-2 Summer Performance Tires (less than 3,500 miles)
Seibon TF-Style Carbon Fiber Wing (CR wing)
CR Wing Trunk Hardware
Wing/Trunk Reinforcement Plates
CR Tonneau Cover
Carbon Fiber Short Antenna
New Door Window Sills
AP2 Center Console
Relocated Start Button
Additional Trunk Button
AP2 Shiftknob
Pioneer Radio
Modifry DCI
Pioneer Door Speakers
K&N Intake (still have stock intake box)
Eibach Pro Lowering Springs (still have original springs)
Billman's TCT
Cruise Control Delete
CR Soft Top Delete Brackets

This vehicle has been extremely reliable and well up kept. Has never given me any issues, even after storage removal, not a single hiccup during it's first turn over. Last major service was done at 50,000 miles which the brakes, clutch, oil, transmission, differential, and coolant fluids have been changed as well as a valve adjustment. Engine has no oil leaks to my knowledge. Oil/filter changes at every 5,000 miles and before winter storage. Always garage kept and stored during winter. It has been driven on snow once on an empty nearby parking lot for fun but never as a commuting vehicle. It has been in one accident throughout it's entire history and was during my ownership. Failing to notice the wear of the rear tires, I lost the rear in a heavy storm on a freeway turning ramp. Results were hitting my rear driver side corner into a guardrail, the damage was minimal and only cosmetic so no frame contact. It was taken in to the dealership for repairs on the quarter panel corner, bumper, and driver side taillight replacement. Since then, I decided to dedicate this as a summer dry weekend toy only. There are tiny chips on the hood/passenger fender, I count 5 total and 5 tiny dings throughout the car from previous owners leaning and one door to door contact. The biggest ding is the size of a dime (door to door one), the rest are subtle and slightly harder to notice.

I hope to find a buyer who would continue the route I have chosen for this car as a full CR conversion. Originally, my plan was to change the wheels once more, acquire an OEM silverstone top, and supercharge it but rather stop as the next owner can go either way with this car as it is. I have never tracked this car, just spirited cruising around town. It's only flaw is not having any form of roof at the moment. But if your check the weather ahead like I do, there's no reason to enjoy it until you decide which route you want to take, but yes, a garage/storage unit is a must. Since I removed the soft top assembly fully, the vehicle is much lighter and definitely turns heads. I sold my last hardtop for financial reasons but do have photos of how it looked when I did have it. You can fit any style hardtop (OEM/Aftermarket) onto it as is with the CR tonneau installed. But if you choose to reinstall a soft top, you will have to remove the CR tonneau cover, the good news is selling that cover in that color (which it never came in silver) will cover the costs of reinstalling the soft top (labor and parts). It's about $1500 in value. I do have more all around photos on Autotrader as well as an autocheck/carfax report available to email to you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

My first day of ownership at 43k miles [2012]:

Photo of the accident [2013]:

And how she sits as of yesterday [2016]: