Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

2010 Track and Autox Calendar Updated

Old 02-22-2010, 09:59 AM

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2010 Track and Autox Calendar Updated

I've updated the Google calendar of Track and autocross events with 2010 info.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=545716

The list of organiztions included in the calendar are below. I have only included organizations and events that are open and appropriate to all makes and models and all levels of driving ability (excludes wheel to wheel competition, scca national tours, etc.). I also focused mainly on Chicago and Milwaukee area autocross events. If there are any events in other parts of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota or even Iowa and Ohio, please let me know.

Please confirm with the organizer any changes in the schedule, location, etc. A link is provided in each calendar entry. The calendar will continue to be updated with added, removed, and changed events but I can't keep up with everything. So that it's easy to read, track days and high speed autox are listed as full day events and autocrosses are listed by estimated start and end times. Again, please check with each organizations website for details.

If there is any error or change to an event listed in this calendar, or if there is an additional organization you would like to include, you can post here or pm me.

Included Organizations
Tri-State Sports Car Club
Salt Creek Sports Car Club
Chicago Region SCCA
Milwauke Region SCCA
Wisconsin Autox Inc.
South Bend Region SCCA
Audi Car Club Chicago Chapter
NASA Midwest
NASA Great Lakes
MVP Track Time
3 Balls Racing
Western Michigan Honda Meet
Northwest Shelby Club
Midwest Council
ITR Expo
Chicago VW
Indiana Northwest Region SCCA
CGI Motorsports
Chin Motorsports
Hooked On Driving
Windy City Miata Club - Not Yet Complete
Fox Valley Sports Car Club - Not Yet Complete
Madison Sports Car Club

Calendar Not Yet Available
BMWCCA
Old 02-22-2010, 10:24 AM

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

Madison Sports Car Club should have their autocross schedule available soon and they will also have 1 or 2 lapping days.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by the-moss,Feb 22 2010, 01:24 PM
Madison Sports Car Club should have their autocross schedule available soon and they will also have 1 or 2 lapping days.
Thanks! I added them to the list of "Calendar Not yet available". I'm going to run through that list sometime next week to see if there are any updates.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Pat,

I spoke the the Miata club coordinators and there should be a schedule very soon. I would expect about a week from now.

To those of you unfamiliar with WCMC, even though it is a Miata club, we have a class dedicated for Hondas if more than a couple show up. In the past we average about 4 S2k's per event.

Are you planning on joining us this year Pat? I heard through the grapevine that there is a strong possibility of a new and improved venue!

Bill
Old 02-22-2010, 10:50 AM

I <3 Windy City Miata Club. They're the group I started out with

Right now I'm foreseeing my time mostly with NASA Midwest but and a fair amount of autox. Schedule takes precedence but WCMC is my preferred autox club (price per run ratio can't be beat). Looking forward to any new venue's but I don't mind being a Maywood whore.

Also, for those that aren't familiar with Miata Club, in the past, if we had enough S2000's show up, they would create an S2000 class for the day.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:58 AM

+1 <3 WCMC
Old 02-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

I want to run a WCMC event this year. I was planning on doing the August 1st one last year but we ended up going car shopping for my wife instead.

For the autocross clubs would it be beneficial (or even possible without causing a big eFight) to put the cost of the event and some quick pluses and minuses of each club?
Old 02-22-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by the-moss,Feb 22 2010, 02:35 PM
For the autocross clubs would it be beneficial (or even possible without causing a big eFight) to put the cost of the event and some quick pluses and minuses of each club?
I could probably come up with something. You can basically break it down into 2 groups though. SCCA or SCCA based groups that follow the rules and a set schedule, are a bit pricey, usually around 6 runs, but have the best sites. People are there to really compete (I typically don't trophy here). This is TSSCC, Chicago Region SCCA, Milwaukee Region SCCA, and WAI. The second group are those that are usually at smaller venues like Maywood but you typically pay less and get more runs. Competition isn't as fierce and people are there mostly to have fun (I typically trophy here). These are groups like SCSCC (although they are scca based, they just have a more relaxed feel), WCMC, Chicago VW, Audi Club. INR-SCCA is kind of in the middle as far as price, runs, and site.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another +1 for WCMC... the only club I ever got a chance to AutoX my s2k with, and the AutoX club of choice for Das Mini. My few suspension modifications for this season should allow me to have even more fun running while keeping me in the same class. I intend on attending every WCMC event this season and hopefully bringing my dad out to compete in at *least* one.

I also enjoyed the INR-SCCA event I attended, and they had a pretty relaxed feel and fast course with some evil bits at the end.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:02 PM

WCMC is the best. i have ran with them in my old scion and in my s for the first time last year. i had fun with scca last year too. got first place for novice class. only thing with WCMC is that the course is a little small.

Quick Reply: 2010 Track and Autox Calendar Updated