Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Good Mechanic in Michigan?

Old 02-25-2014, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Mechanic in Michigan?

Looking for someone in Michigan that has experience working on s2000's, may possibly need some differential work done. I guess I'd be willing to travel a few hours for someone worth while. I'm in Waterford/Clarkston area.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:27 AM

Received 4,932 Likes on 2,992 Posts

Originally Posted by rbtz
Looking for someone in Michigan that has experience working on s2000's, may possibly need some differential work done. I guess I'd be willing to travel a few hours for someone worth while. I'm in Waterford/Clarkston area.
I've been on this site since 2001 and I don't recall ever hearing of anyone in Michigan that really got into working on S2000 to any extent. Several owners from the Chicago area who tracked their cars at Gingerman have that kind of experience. But Michigan has had very few active members over the years. Rather than looking for someone with S2000 experience I would recommend finding a shop that comes recommended for good shop work in your area. I have to believe there are several in the Royal Oak area, if you can't find one in the Pontiac area. Seems to me there's a foreign car speciality garage on M-59 near Airport Rd, or in that general area, that works on Porsches, etc. Differentials are very basic. Very likely, something that could easily be handled by a Honda dealership if there's a 'good' one nearby. I wouldn't let my local dealer change oil but they can't all be that bad.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good thinking, I did hear good things about Brighton Honda so I may give them a shot if the diff turns out to be anything serious. Luckily I DIY most of the things for my cars, and being out here compared to Jersey where there were far more independent shops that specialized I've kinda been forced to learn as well.

Also have a friend that was telling me about that porsche place, I was actually going to have them do a PPI on a 330 zhp I was thinking of purchasing but went with an S instead so never gave em a call.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,903 Posts

I've got to agree with dlq04, anytime I've needed work done I've gone to Ohio or Chicago, none of this was for repair/maintenance stuff except when I used the local Honda dealer here and they weren't the best.

Find a reputable import shop local to you, it's honestly your best bet.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've never been here; so, if they suck, don't blame me, but I know of another S2000 owner, Brian Dietz, that has had work done here (I'm pretty sure including his diff):

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horse...43757842325144

Brian is a facebook friend of mine; so, maybe if you friend me on facebook, then you can message Brian. I think this link should get you to my facebook: www.facebook.com/RoyalOakKam
Old 03-03-2014, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jurgen in Livonia Michigan.
Alot of local S2000 goes to him for random stuff including myself.
He used to work for Honda dealership in Plymouth, MI and started his own repair shop. Family run business, no fuzz, straight shooter.

https://www.facebook.com/Jurgenautomotiverepair
Old 03-27-2014, 04:49 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by butterdogg
Jurgen in Livonia Michigan.
Alot of local S2000 goes to him for random stuff including myself.
He used to work for Honda dealership in Plymouth, MI and started his own repair shop. Family run business, no fuzz, straight shooter.

https://www.facebook.com/Jurgenautomotiverepair
I can recommend Jurgen too. Great guy, knows his stuff, and is fair about prices.

Bill Neale
Old 04-07-2014, 04:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another vote of confidence for Jurgen. Great guy and knows his Hondas. Very fair on pricing is just the icing on the cake.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:43 PM

as for the mechanic you were talking about in Waterford by the Oakland Airport on M 59. He is called the Datsun Doctor. I took my garage queen Honda S2000 to have a problem diagnosed. my car was there for 19 day.after the first 14 days I went there to check up on it and talk to him. I had driven by the place a few times and my car was never moved. After the 14th day he told me he would look at it. The car was not move for 3 days. I went there with my spare keys started my car left it by the front door went in and asked for my keys. The gentleman's Wife that owns the place told me I should come back and have some work done because they have money into it. I do not recommend the Datsun Dr to anybody
Old 04-09-2015, 01:47 PM

they had much room in doors to store my car and they have a huge parking lot that is enclosed with the fence and locked. They didn't even put my car in there. They left it out by yourself in their main parking lot - at an airport

Quick Reply: Good Mechanic in Michigan?