Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Metro Detroit Shout Out

Old 08-29-2018, 04:23 PM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff
Nice. Should be some cool cars to instruct then.
There is always an eclectic blend of hardware, as you've experienced to date!
The trick is if there is a particular car you want to check out, you need to determine if they are a novice and have asked for an Instructor.
It CAN be done, ask me how I know ;-P
Old 09-03-2018, 05:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was nice meeting everyone over the weekend at OTD 8 (same car as Geoff but with a hard top). I’m assuming the track paving will not be completed before the final track day.
The following users liked this post:
HawkeyeGeoff (09-04-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by avisco
It was nice meeting everyone over the weekend at OTD 8 (same car as Geoff but with a hard top). I’m assuming the track paving will not be completed before the final track day.
Hey, thanks for posting here.......we really appreciate it!

You are correct in that since we have achieved our required funding to actually repave the track, we've cancelled our last OTD (#9) and Race weekend (#6) to make it happen.

2018 is Waterford Hills' 60th Anniversary, where we'll be celebrating at the next race weekend in a big way, so please come out an help us say goodbye to the old surface and toast the new (but same configuration) track going forward into 2019; Waterford Hills

CHEERS!
Brian
Old 09-04-2018, 06:01 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Hey you're probably good person to ask.

I noticed my rear pads (inner pad, on the piston) just wore all kinds of crazy. Huge angle....this seems to be a reoccurring theme with my rear pads. Do you have this problem as well? I'm guessing it's just piston flex? No slider issues or any strange pad wear on any other pads besides just the inside ones. Seems to just last me a season and I replace them anyway.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven’t had any pad issues in the rear before. When I first started going to Waterford 8 years ago I had a wheel bearing go bad after the second time attending. Turned out the was a TSB to increase the nut torque on the rear axle nuts and haven’t had a problem since? I guess that could lead to excess deflection in the hub which could cause uneven pad wear.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:47 AM

I haven’t had any pad issues in the rear before. When I first started going to Waterford 8 years ago I had a wheel bearing go bad after the second time attending. Turned out the was a TSB to increase the nut torque on the rear axle nuts and haven’t had a problem since? I guess that could lead to excess deflection in the hub which could cause uneven pad wear.
Yeah after reading up, I think i'm going to make rear brake ducts to help alleviate the situation. I already can't wait for next year!
Old 09-05-2018, 11:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So personally i follow this thread to see if there are any meets or events. It has been hijacked into a track thread... Not sure if anyone else is in my boat.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by QuePasaKielbasa
So personally i follow this thread to see if there are any meets or events. It has been hijacked into a track thread... Not sure if anyone else is in my boat.
You could also organize an event....then the problem would be solved.
sca037 (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 04:55 PM

The thing is, when we meet up at a track it's also very much a social event!

Think about it, the organizing principle (track day/tour/car show/etc) isn't actually the important part......it's just the excuse to get together with fellow enthusiasts.

I really do wish that there were more 'excuses' posted here for this gang to get together (and I've cross-posted a few from the local NSX brethren), but I've personally observed that lately it's been the S2000 'track folks' who head out and actually make the real-world connections.

Maybe we can work on this for 2019 and organize more stuff here (instead of the book of faces- which I'm not on), as I would like this Forum to not just survive......but thrive ;^D

It ain't over.....who's with me?!?!?,
Brian
HawkeyeGeoff (09-07-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 08:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Boom, I am from Detroit :-D - Warren, Just moved here about a year ago now.
The following 2 users liked this post by OneSilverS2k:
HawkeyeGeoff (09-07-2018), sca037 (09-07-2018)

Quick Reply: Metro Detroit Shout Out