S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/upper-mid-west-s2000-owners-31/)
-   -   Metro Detroit Shout Out (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/upper-mid-west-s2000-owners-31/metro-detroit-shout-out-1180847/)

HawkeyeGeoff 01-10-2018 10:46 AM

Metro Detroit Shout Out

So who is all in Metro Detroit?

It feels strange to not have our own dedicated like on a lot of other platforms, but I would like to host an install day / beer club meet at my house when the weather gets warm. Who is in and has stuff to do once the weather gets nice?

I'm located up in Waterford; I have a pretty sizable driveway/garage to host.

sam_spider 01-10-2018 11:47 AM

I'm out west in Jackson,so not far away. The forum used to be much more active in years past, and certainly before Facebook allowed groups etc. FTR, Michigan has never had much of a presence on the forum, and the amount of S's I've seen running around in the last 15 years is fairly pathetic.

I'd be up for a get together, nothing needed on my car, but I'm up for hanging out and shooting the sh1t. :)

HawkeyeGeoff 01-10-2018 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by sam_spider (Post 24405615)
I'm out west in Jackson,so not far away. The forum used to be much more active in years past, and certainly before Facebook allowed groups etc. FTR, Michigan has never had much of a presence on the forum, and the amount of S's I've seen running around in the last 15 years is fairly pathetic.

I'd be up for a get together, nothing needed on my car, but I'm up for hanging out and shooting the sh1t. :)

Agreed. Nothing needed on my car as well, but on my last platform I usually coaxed the hermits out by providing beer driven auto training.

I have quite a few Mazda/BMW friends (my previous platforms) that are always down to hang and put a few back....so I think I'll plan one in the spring anyway. I think someone needs to do a clutch on a Speed3 or something. You know some light lifting.

It is downright hilarious how few S2K's I've seen in Metro Detroit even; that was part of the draw of getting one over a Miata. Everyone's pants get a little tight when they see them.

RobM 01-10-2018 12:16 PM

Rochester Hills here. The S2000 group in this area has a drive about once every 5 years, lol. Check on NsxPrime

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...i-pt-2/page151

The NSX guys are a lot more active in this area and S2k's (actually everyone) are always welcome on drives.

sam_spider 01-10-2018 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by RobM (Post 24405641)
Rochester Hills here. The S2000 group in this area has a drive about once every 5 years, lol.

Lol. we used to have a fairly regular wine tour cruise twice (sometimes once) a year, but the guy who used to set it up (Kamron) has a new child and has been quite busy with work, so I can't fault him or anyone else for it being quiet here. Most of the cruises I've been on have been in Chicago, Wisconsin, and Ohio. There's still a few owners I know of near Detroit, they just don't get on the forum any longer.

I'm still up for meeting though :D

RobM 01-10-2018 06:53 PM

We did one of those wine tours maybe 3 years ago, it was a lot of fun. If you guys set up a meet or drive I'll be there, if I'm not out of town for work.

QuePasaKielbasa 01-11-2018 04:36 AM

I am in the process of relocating from Ortonville down to Belleville (about 9 miles from Milan dragway). I'm usually interested in potential get togethers. Have only gone for a cruise with one other S once.

HawkeyeGeoff 01-11-2018 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by QuePasaKielbasa (Post 24405817)
I am in the process of relocating from Ortonville down to Belleville (about 9 miles from Milan dragway). I'm usually interested in potential get togethers. Have only gone for a cruise with one other S once.

Sounds like we need a keg party at my house once the weather clears :)

sca037 01-15-2018 04:15 PM

We're in Northville, but do get up to Waterford quite a bit in the Summer since we're heavily involved with Waterford Hills Road Racing.
Some kind of GTG would be nice, especially if there is good beverage involved ;-P
Like Rob pointed out, the NSX gang does organize drives and whatnot so DO check that link on Prime on occasion.

Cheers,
Brian

HawkeyeGeoff 01-16-2018 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by sca037 (Post 24407330)
We're in Northville, but do get up to Waterford quite a bit in the Summer since we're heavily involved with Waterford Hills Road Racing.
Some kind of GTG would be nice, especially if there is good beverage involved ;-P
Like Rob pointed out, the NSX gang does organize drives and whatnot so DO check that link on Prime on occasion.

Cheers,
Brian

Ayeeeeee I live about 15 min from Waterford Hills. I'll be up there for all the open track days I can make it to. Do you drive in the advanced group? I need an instructor for a half hour or so to get my bearings on the track; this will be my first RWD car on a track (previously tracked my MS3 about ~10 times or so @gingerman, autobahn, etc).