Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Metro Detroit Shout Out

Old 05-04-2018, 10:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'm in

Metro Detroit Shout Out

Metro Detroit Shout Out

HawkeyeGeoff , 04-22-2018 08:55 PM
Here's the sideways 3rd session.

sca037 , 04-23-2018 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff
Unfortunately the other ones are mounted sideways and this is the only session I have that I can upload really. I'm not a video editing guru so i can't really figure it out.
Thanks for all the help Brian!

It was my pleasure, Geoff.
This video is pretty much a clinic on how to drive Waterford Hills, so kudo's for being such a quick learner!
BUT (you KNEW it was coming ;-) if you could track out to the Left more at the end of the back straight before turn-in, then try to just kiss (but not 'jump') the curbing at the 2nd 'ess' you could shave a little more time.
Still, outstanding progress (including textbook hand technique) for someone who's never run our highly technical track before.
I saw you tried shifting into 4th on the back straight, did you run out of rev's, 'cuz usually the stock-geared 9,000 rpm AP1's can run the whole track in 3rd (?)

Again, GREAT job!
Brian

HawkeyeGeoff , 04-23-2018 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sca037
It was my pleasure, Geoff.
This video is pretty much a clinic on how to drive Waterford Hills, so kudo's for being such a quick learner!
BUT (you KNEW it was coming ;-) if you could track out to the Left more at the end of the back straight before turn-in, then try to just kiss (but not 'jump') the curbing at the 2nd 'ess' you could shave a little more time.
Still, outstanding progress (including textbook hand technique) for someone who's never run our highly technical track before.
I saw you tried shifting into 4th on the back straight, did you run out of rev's, 'cuz usually the stock-geared 9,000 rpm AP1's can run the whole track in 3rd (?)

Again, GREAT job!
Brian

Thank you for the kind words and advice. I know I have a lot to improve on...I think this car should be able to run 1:20 flats on this course.

I think my left foot got bored; I wasn't at redline on that one. I think once I can carry some more speed through big bend (currently only about 60 mph from the videos) I will need to rip a shift eventually in that section. The next time I'm out I should have my VTEC lowered to 4k as well so that will help a bit getting out of its own way...but overall it was a blast. I'll be back in May.

Edit: I'm also on the search for a Sparco EVO 2 US spec seat if you hear about any used ones let me know.

HawkeyeGeoff , 04-26-2018 10:09 AM
Officially registered for OTD#3 at Waterford Hills May 27th. Hope to see some of you other S2K guys out there!

sca037 , 04-30-2018 08:07 AM
Quote:
Officially registered for OTD#3 at Waterford Hills May 27th. Hope to see some of you other S2K guys out there!
That's awesome, I wish we could be there but will be attending a NSX event that weekend.
I hope more S2000 guys head out to Waterford Hills, these little cars are very well suited to this track!

HawkeyeGeoff , 04-30-2018 08:42 AM
Quote:
That's awesome, I wish we could be there but will be attending a NSX event that weekend.
I hope more S2000 guys head out to Waterford Hills, these little cars are very well suited to this track!

Agreed. But make sure you have enough suspension travel, it's a rough track! I need to raise my passenger front and corner balance with the rears, got a little rubbing action going on.

QuePasaKielbasa , 05-01-2018 04:37 AM

sca037 , 05-01-2018 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuePasaKielbasa

OK, it still looks good for a GTG on Sunday 5/20 (11am-1pm lunchtime potluck) near M-14 and Gotfredson........so please save the date.

I'll start a new thread on it when I'm 100% conformed that we have the venue!

Brian

HawkeyeGeoff , 05-01-2018 10:13 AM
Quote:
OK, it still looks good for a GTG on Sunday 5/20 (11am-1pm lunchtime potluck) near M-14 and Gotfredson........so please save the date.

I'll start a new thread on it when I'm 100% conformed that we have the venue!

thanx
Old 06-22-2018, 05:06 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Waterford Hills OTD this weekend! I'll be there! Sunday the 24th! Come on out!
Old 06-28-2018, 05:13 AM

1:24.38 chasing Jackie Ding's 1:20 time around Waterford Hills. Next track day is the 14th of July for me. Come on out, ya bums!
Old 06-28-2018, 10:27 AM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Great job, Geoff!

Hey, Waterford Hills has it's 3rd Race weekend coming up....if any of you guys would like to see how we run the Bracket Racing program, c'mon out and we'll show you the ropes.

Brian
Old 07-29-2018, 03:41 PM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Today was a good day!

We were at Waterford Hills today enjoying the Vintage Races, when we came across the collective known here as Tachus ;^D
They were resplendent in their Yello-ness, to say the least.....
I hope that they can make it to one of our few remaining OTD's, if for no other reason than to understand the vast superiority of the 9,000 redline AP1's ;-P

Cheers,
Brian
(there was a blue S2K as well, but didn't meet the owner(s).
The following users liked this post:
HawkeyeGeoff (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 04:16 PM

Today was a good day!

We were at Waterford Hills today enjoying the Vintage Races, when we came across the collective known here as Tachus ;^D
They were resplendent in their Yello-ness, to say the least.....
I hope that they can make it to one of our few remaining OTD's, if for no other reason than to understand the vast superiority of the 9,000 redline AP1's ;-P

Cheers,
Brian
(there was a blue S2K as well, but didn't meet the owner(s).

The following users liked this post:
sca037 (07-30-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 10:44 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry I missed this thread for so long ha!
Hi Geoff, hope you get that 1:20! I did that lap when I bought some crappy used Hankook RS3, staggered (ALL OF THE UNDERSTEER), but Waterford's a lot of fun and I definitely want to go back there and dial in my set up a little better.

Jackie
Old 08-01-2018, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by JackieD
Sorry I missed this thread for so long ha!
Hi Geoff, hope you get that 1:20! I did that lap when I bought some crappy used Hankook RS3, staggered (ALL OF THE UNDERSTEER), but Waterford's a lot of fun and I definitely want to go back there and dial in my set up a little better.

Jackie
Ayyyye same as me. 3 year old rs3 v1 tires hahaha

Down to 1:22.3 and there's plenty left. Let me know when you come out, I live 15 min away (aka the fix it shop when shit breaks). Bracket race on the 11th I'll be out there, it's cheap and I think there's spots left!
Old 08-01-2018, 11:02 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Ayyyye same as me. 3 year old rs3 v1 tires hahaha

Down to 1:22.3 and there's plenty left. Let me know when you come out, I live 15 min away (aka the fix it shop when shit breaks). Bracket race on the 11th I'll be out there, it's cheap and I think there's spots left!
Heard a lot of nice things about the bracket race, how does it work exactly?
Need to figure out some oil pressure issues this weekend but I might be free to do it...
Old 08-01-2018, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by JackieD
Heard a lot of nice things about the bracket race, how does it work exactly?
Need to figure out some oil pressure issues this weekend but I might be free to do it...
Its basically like an OTD with time trials in there.

Officially 2 20 min sessions, 95% of the time you get a 3rd 20 min sessions after all the races are done.

1st session: put a transponder in your car, go run OTD style session.
They print out your times and you pick the time you think you can repeat several times.
2nd session: grid you according to the times you picked, run a session person with the closest 3 laps to the time they picked wins.
3rd session: OTD style extra session.

Cost is 90. And you get to see races going on during the day.

Quick Reply: Metro Detroit Shout Out