Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Metro Detroit Shout Out

Old 03-16-2018, 07:28 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by bzammitt
Hi from the west side! Grand Rapids area here. Let me know if a meet ever happens and I’ll make it that way! I have a bunch of family in Livonia, Belleville, Grosse Ille, etc
Oh it's happening for sure. We just need to find a date.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:46 PM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

So, are we ON for (my strong preference ;-) Sunday, April 15th?

It's time to pick a date and firm up plans, yes?

Brian

Last edited by sca037; 03-24-2018 at 07:10 PM. Reason: curekt spelingz
Old 03-25-2018, 08:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sca037

Brian
I'm in whenever you want to throw the party I'm in Orion Township
Old 03-26-2018, 04:58 AM

Brian
April 15th sounds like a plan to me; do you guys want a house gathering/party or should we go to some place to eat? I am totally open to having it at my place, I live in Waterford right off Cass Lake.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:07 AM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Your call Geoff, as the host!

Depending on the timeline and what other activities you get into (mods/maintenance?) we could bring food potluck-style, order from local places......or maybe just raid your fridge ;-P
Old 03-27-2018, 10:10 AM

Your call Geoff, as the host!

Depending on the timeline and what other activities you get into (mods/maintenance?) we could bring food potluck-style, order from local places......or maybe just raid your fridge ;-P
Cool. Lets get a roll call then for people and see the interest. If it's high enough we can do it at my place otherwise lets just go grab a beer at Stingers and loiter in their parking lot.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:42 PM

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Sunday the 15th works for me.
The following users liked this post:
HawkeyeGeoff (03-28-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 09:26 AM

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

FYI - got this in my mailbox this week.

Hello Car Nuts!

The first Toledo Cars & Coffee will be Sunday, April 8th. We have a new location, and with that a set of expectations for those who attend our meets.

We have an established culture that is safe, welcoming, and family friendly. In order to ensure it stays that way, by participating in our gatherings you agree to the following:

1)No burnouts. It endangers the people around you and risks precious and sometimes irreplaceable machinery. It also upsets many of the people present.
2)No loud or excessive displays of power are allowed at Toledo Cars & Coffee. In addition to being rude and obnoxious in the setting of a morning gathering, to young children the loud noise can be frightening and painful. Please be polite and respectful.
3)If your car is loud, pay attention to and be considerate of those around you when you start your engine and as you navigate the parking lot by keeping the noise down.
4)Please do not touch the vehicles unless it is okay with the owner.
5)By participating in this event, you hereby release the organizers, volunteers, property owners, and all people and organizations connected to this event from any and all damages, injuries, losses, or claims to you, your property, your vehicles, or its occupants.
6)By participating in this event, you agree to allow use of any photograph or video of you or your vehicle without financial compensation or written permission.

I realize that not everyone may agree with these rules; to those who disagree, this event is not for you. For the rest of us, the new location is the Waffle House in St. James Plaza, at the corner of Central and McCord, across from the 2016/17 location.
Both the property owner and the Waffle House manager have extended a warm and enthusiastic welcome. In addition to the above, please:

7) Leave the spaces in front of Waffle House open for the regular guests (the spots on the McCord side).
8) No parking on the grass.

St. James Plaza / Waffle House was chosen after a careful search of the Toledo area taking many things into consideration. Coffee and breakfast will once again be close at hand! We look forward to seeing you at Toledo Cars & Coffee in 2018 -- Northwest Ohio’s most exotic cars in the most ordinary of locations!

Thank you and best regards,
Tony K.
2018 Schedule: Meets are 9:00am to Noon
Sunday, April 8
Saturday, May 12
Sunday, June 10
Sunday, July 8
Sunday, August 12
Sunday, September 9
Sunday, October 14
Sunday, November 11

Toledo Cars & Coffee is the second Sunday of every month April through November; May is on Saturday because Sunday is Mother’s Day. Meets are not canceled for rain; however in the event of low turnout due to rain, the following Sunday may be added.
HawkeyeGeoff (04-03-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff
Cool. Lets get a roll call then for people and see the interest. If it's high enough we can do it at my place otherwise lets just go grab a beer at Stingers and loiter in their parking lot.
I met detroitdave at a cars and coffee in Birmingham this morning and he told me about a possible meet next Sunday. I'm in Rochester Hills, I'll definitely come if there ends up being an s2k meet!
HawkeyeGeoff (04-09-2018)
Old 04-08-2018, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I'm Joe.

I live near Toledo but I do frequently drive up to the Royal Oak area for meets or Livonia for autocross. I've met a few s2000 owners along the way too. Hopefully, I can join you guys for a get together one day.
HawkeyeGeoff (04-09-2018)

Quick Reply: Metro Detroit Shout Out