Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Starved Rock Coffee and Cruise!

Old 10-25-2017, 09:00 AM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Starved Rock Coffee and Cruise!

Hi Everyone!

We've planned an end-of-the-season cruise to Starved Rock State Park. We'll be meeting at La Briola Cafe, 3021 Butterfield Road in Oakbrook, Illinois (corner of Butterfield and Meyers Roads) at 8:00 a.m. on November 11th. La Briola is a nice cafe where you can either just grab a cup of coffee or choose from a nice selection of breakfast items to eat there ot takeout (the scrambled egg croissnt is good!). The small shopping center offers plenty of parking, too. We'll supply maps for our drive down to Starved Rock. This event is not limited to S2000's, so should your friends want to bring along their non-S2000 cars they're welcome. If you plan on going please respond on either this thread or pm me just so we have some idea as to how many guys to expect. Wives, girlfriends and friends all welcome!

Jeff
Old 10-25-2017, 10:14 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreygebhart
Hi Everyone!

We've planned an end-of-the-season cruise to Starved Rock State Park. We'll be meeting at La Briola Cafe, 3021 Butterfield Road in Oakbrook, Illinois (corner of Butterfield and Meyers Roads) at 8:00 a.m. on November 11th. La Briola is a nice cafe where you can either just grab a cup of coffee or choose from a nice selection of breakfast items to eat there ot takeout (the scrambled egg croissnt is good!). The small shopping center offers plenty of parking, too. We'll supply maps for our drive down to Starved Rock. This event is not limited to S2000's, so should your friends want to bring along their non-S2000 cars they're welcome. If you plan on going please respond on either this thread or pm me just so we have some idea as to how many guys to expect. Wives, girlfriends and friends all welcome!

Jeff
Sad to say I'll have to sit this one out, anniversary weekend and I believe we are going out of town. However if plans change I'll be adding myself to the roster.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:35 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

If weather is decent I'll try to attend...
Old 10-25-2017, 11:08 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I AM IN
Old 10-26-2017, 05:29 PM
YCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in. I will drive to Oakbrook area on Friday and spend the night there, since I lives in Detroit
Old 10-27-2017, 04:11 AM

Received 285 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by YCL
I am in. I will drive to Oakbrook area on Friday and spend the night there, since I lives in Detroit
Any reccomendations for a Holiday Inn Express level lodging near the meet-up location?
Old 10-27-2017, 04:54 AM
YCL

Originally Posted by JoePhotographer
Any reccomendations for a Holiday Inn Express level lodging near the meet-up location?
can't help you there bro, I will have to do my own research too
Old 10-27-2017, 04:54 AM
YCL

Originally Posted by jeffreygebhart
Hi Everyone!

Jeff
What kind of roads are there?
Old 10-27-2017, 12:33 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

YCL, I tried to PM you and the forum won't allow me to do so. Please send me your e-mail address or phone number. Thanks.

Jeff
gebby3@aol.com
Old 10-28-2017, 05:39 AM

Count me in! Will be attending with my brother and his Ap1 along with my buddy in his '17 WRX. Couple ClubRsx guys were interested as well. Thanks for making the thread Jeff

YCL: If we're taking the same route as last year, it starts off on the freeway then we make our way to some back roads leading up to Starved Rock Park. Lots of twists and turns. Very fun roads

Quick Reply: Starved Rock Coffee and Cruise!