Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Starved Rock Coffee and Cruise!

Old 11-11-2017, 04:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the road! Brothers Ap1 radiator sprung a leak I'm bringing out the ol work horse. See y'all soon
Old 11-11-2017, 07:47 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks to everyone for making our trip a success! It was fun to have members of the NSX, RSX, and GTI communities present as well, and we also had a friend stop by with his beautiful newly-acquired Ferrari 458! I hope everyone has a great holiday season. Stay tuned and later this winter I'll post a thread or two about possibly planning some spring drives in Illinois or possibly in southern Wisconsin or western Michigan.
The following users liked this post:
JoePhotographer (11-15-2017)
Old 11-11-2017, 09:34 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jeffreygebhart
Thanks to everyone for making our trip a success! It was fun to have members of the NSX, RSX, and GTI communities present as well, and we also had a friend stop by with his beautiful newly-acquired Ferrari 458! I hope everyone has a great holiday season. Stay tuned and later this winter I'll post a thread or two about possibly planning some spring drives in Illinois or possibly in southern Wisconsin or western Michigan.
Jeff we had a blast. Thanks for helping out and setting up the cruise. Always fun times meeting new ppl and seeing some old faces. I got home and took a nap! Haha Aleays a pleasure hanging out with fellow car guys. Til next time boys

Alex
Old 11-15-2017, 06:08 AM
YCL

@Jeff, thank you organizing this event
Old 11-18-2017, 06:39 AM

Old 11-18-2017, 06:40 AM

Old 08-04-2018, 06:38 AM

BUMP!
Old 08-08-2018, 01:22 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I’m so down to do this again this year
Old 08-08-2018, 03:35 AM

It appears as if there's some interest in repeating this drive again this year! Alex and Jeff, I'd be interested in going again (providing that I can get the time off from work). If anyone else is interested, please speak up! Something to consider...what would you think of heading up to Wisconsin or out towards Galena instead of Starved Rock? It's farther, but going to somewhere like Lake Geneva in Wisconsin or out towards Galena offers much more in the way of hills, curvy roads, places to grab lunch, and would be more attractive to a spouse or girlfriend if anyone is so inclined to bring one along. I've been up to Lake Geneva a number of times with car groups and could provide a route up there and around the area which is really a lot of fun to drive. Starved Rock is fine but there's not much between the suburbs and the state park itself. So I would urge everyone to give it some thought and express your thoughts here! We're talking about longer drives - probably a full day - but they're worth it. FWIW...

Yet if the prevailing sentiment is to stick with Starved Rock, that's okay. Who wants to get together and go for a drive?

Jeff
Old 08-08-2018, 03:37 AM

It appears as if there's some interest in repeating this drive again this year! Alex and Jeff, I'd be interested in going again (providing that I can get the time off from work). If anyone else is interested, please speak up! Something to consider...what would you think of heading up to Wisconsin or out towards Galena instead of Starved Rock? It's farther, but going to somewhere like Lake Geneva in Wisconsin or out towards Galena offers much more in the way of hills, curvy roads, places to grab lunch, and would be more attractive to a spouse or girlfriend if anyone is so inclined to bring one along. I've been up to Lake Geneva a number of times with car groups and could provide a route up there and around the area which is really a lot of fun to drive. Starved Rock is fine but there's not much between the suburbs and the state park itself. So I would urge everyone to give it some thought and express your thoughts here! We're talking about longer drives - probably a full day - but they're worth it. FWIW...

Yet if the prevailing sentiment is to stick with Starved Rock, that's okay. Who wants to get together and go for a drive?

Jeff

Quick Reply: Starved Rock Coffee and Cruise!