Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Tech Day and KBAB May 7th in Racine again

Old 03-03-2011, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tech Day and KBAB May 7th in Racine again

I can't believe the time is here already. It's my annual Tech day and KBAB again.
I wanted this to be March 26th but the garage is full of work and I can't get in till hopefully May 7th.
It is possible that day still may not work, it's up to my sister since its her place. But for now lets figure on that day.

I changed the date to May 7th because of the conflict with the dragon and because my sister does not think the work will be all out till the end of April.
I know it bites I wanted it to be earlier for everyone but it is out of my control, totally.

How it works:
First off like before it works best if everyone who comes donates $10.00 for the food.
Food will be breakfast on the grill (which is always good), burgers, brats munchies, and deep fried food also. Using Mr. Fry Daddy.
I will supply water bring your own "other" beverages. Bring a chair if you want to sit, I have my own.

Tools I will have tools but others should sign up if there bringing some too. I will have tool jacks (neither low profile) and 8 stands.

Doors open at 10:am first come first serve.
There's usually lots to do and the time goes quick, so get there early enough.
The garage in the past holds five cars at a time, it will depend on whats in the garage of my sisters.

Also some things will be needed. Low profile jacks, more stands and additional tools. Please when signing up add what you can bring.

aquatic
Old 03-03-2011, 07:52 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

List

Luder94 - Oil Changes and intake install or oil changes and head unit install (depending on which S2000 I bring)
Old 03-04-2011, 03:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be interested, but unfortunately that's the weekend of the Dragon. Is there absolutely any possible way we could use the space before then? If not, I'd be OK doing it the weekend after, too.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K1ngfunK
I would be interested, but unfortunately that's the weekend of the Dragon. Is there absolutely any possible way we could use the space before then? If not, I'd be OK doing it the weekend after, too.

This maybe my fault.. as the dragon is usually on the 20th + of april.. Im not sure Keith could do it sooner.. But the week after will probably work best..
Old 03-04-2011, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either way I'm in. I'd like to have a valve adjustment done.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by james0933
Either way I'm in. I'd like to have a valve adjustment done.
just an FYI. valve adjustments are supposed to be done on a cold motor. You'd have to get there real early and let your car sit a few hours before doing it. I usually let a car sit overnight before doing one.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, still deciding on what to do about that. Either way, I'd be worth it to have a walk through on how it's done so I'm able to do it myself.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:53 PM

i'm 90% in for this. depending on amount of work to be done, i'll bring up the miata. she needs a bit of work done and i dont wanna wait till 7pm to start a 2 hour job.

valve adjustments are very doable at tech days. in the past we just let the car sit outside from the drive up/down until cool. then bring it inside to begin work. if engine is still warm, we put a fan on top of the engine. i can show you how to do the adjustment James.

i'll also have my neato scantool on hand if anyone needs a CEL checked out.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScrapDog
This maybe my fault.. as the dragon is usually on the 20th + of april.. Im not sure Keith could do it sooner.. But the week after will probably work best..
Yeah, I understand Keith doesn't have control over available dates, I just thought I'd let it be known that that weekend may not work for a number of people.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:59 PM

I changed the date to May 7th. Hope this works for everyone. My sister didn't think the garage would be available till after April anyways.

And I think there was two or three valve adjustments last time, like jeggy said.

Quick Reply: Tech Day and KBAB May 7th in Racine again