Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Testing Waters - Road America May 13-14

Old 02-19-2016, 06:26 PM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Testing Waters - Road America May 13-14

I'm testing the waters to see if there is sufficient interest and commitment to rent a house in downtown Elkhart Lake for the Spring Vintage Event staying for the nights of May 13 and 14.

The total cost for rental is $1,200. I and a friend are committed. If we can get 4 more then the rental is $100 per person per night or $200 for the weekend.

We have rented the house for many years for either the Spring, Hawk or Fall Vintage events.

The house has four (4) bedrooms and two (2) full baths. The bedrooms consist of 3 rooms with queen beds and the fourth bedroom has two twin beds and a set of bunk beds. The two couches on the first floor also comfortably sleep another two. We have had 12 people in the past but 10 is a much more comfortable number. If we managed 10, the lodging cost for the weekend would be $60 per night.

Typically we assemble during the day on Friday dropping luggage off at the house and then go to the track where we trickle together at the paddock, or the Gearbox or St. John Baptiste concession stands.

Friday night we usually go to Schwarz's Dinner Club for prime rib and steak. But, there is no requirement to go. It's just a tradition with the "regular" crowd.

Saturday is spent at the race track and if there are enough folks interested, we do a BBQ at the house. If not enough interest in BBQ, we usually go to the Lake Street Cafe for dinner and retire to Siebkins for a cocktail event.

Sunday we usually pack, go to the track for a few hours and then drive back to the Chicago west suburbs in mid-afternoon.

A weekend (Fri., Sat., Sun.) ticket for the track is $40.

I'll need to have a group firmed up by the end of the first week in March at the latest.

Comment here or send me an email if you are interested.