Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

UMW Meet: American Le Mans Series @ Road America

Old 07-13-2009, 08:56 AM

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Default UMW Meet: American Le Mans Series @ Road America

American LeMans series is at Road America again and I thought it would be a good event for the UMW.

Details: roadamerica.com and americanlemans.com

What: The best professional racing in the US.

When: Sunday, August 16th is the day of the big ALMS race as well as some of the support races such as Speed World Challenge GT. If this turns into a meet, the "official" day will be this day.
Saturday August 15th is mostly qualifying but also includes some races including Speed World Challenge TC . August 13 and 14 (Thursday and Friday) are mostly test and practice days. If you don't work those days, it's a great time to walk around the paddock, avoid crowds, etc.

Where: Road America. Elkhart Lake, WI

How much:
For advanced tickets:
Thursday: $15
Friday: $20
Sunday: $50
Thurday - Sunday ticket: $95
see Road America Web Site for additional details on ticket prices at the gate as well as premium parking or camping costs

This will be the 4th or 5th ALMS race I've attended. It's really a fun event. Some great racing with ALMS and World challenge (go Acura!) and the support races are cool as well. Last year they opened up the go-kart track and you could race karts for $20 per session. Same this year.

I'm definitely going on Sunday at least. If enough people want to go, we could do Saturday and Sunday and camp at the track overnight. Everyone is in charge of purchasing their own tickets (I don't think they do group discounts). Deadline for advanced ticket sales is August 5.

The List
-----------------------
patinum
Old 07-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,903 Posts

We're going to this, pretty sure Pete's coming too.

The List
-----------------------
patinum
sw05s2k + manufan
Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm definitely planning on going, might make it Friday though. Cheaper tix plus easier paddock access.

Great idea for sure!
Old 07-13-2009, 10:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SUNDAY!!!

I want to see the race! I'm open for Sat, but thurs and Fri don't work at all for me.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:24 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I am planning to go. I am planning to camp the weekend there. (Inside the carosel.) I will get there Friday morning to find a good spot. If anyone else is interested in camping the weekend, let me know.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by ruexp67,Jul 13 2009, 12:24 PM
I am planning to go. I am planning to camp the weekend there. (Inside the carosel.) I will get there Friday morning to find a good spot. If anyone else is interested in camping the weekend, let me know.
Sat-sun may be a possibility for me.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:16 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

This is an awesome time everybody, I know its a little bit of a drive but totally worth it. I'll open up my place in Milwaukee if anybody wants to take a halfway-break when running up there.

I'm trying to clear my schedule for this one...
Old 07-22-2009, 05:21 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

This and BRIC are my two favorite events at Road America. Unfortunately I haven't been able to go in the past few years...this year is no exception. I have a family wedding to go to, otherwise, I'd be at the ALMS race.

This is a GREAT event to get to at a GREAT track. If you haven't been to an organized racing event, this would/could ruin all others for you.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:49 AM

Timing works for me, and I would absolutely love to check it out, but I'm afraid both the ticket money and gas costs will probably hold me back. It's too bad, 'cause my car can hold plenty of tents.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:27 AM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

I wouldnt mind going!

Quick Reply: UMW Meet: American Le Mans Series @ Road America