Utah S2000 Owners S2000 Owners from Utah

Looking for Utah S2K

Old 09-27-2005, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Utah S2K

I'm looking for an old buddy of mine, Utah S2K. Kinda lost touch the past few years, but since I may be moving to Utah, I figure I'd try to find anyone and everyone that I know for information (where to live in Salt Lake, where to shop, etc.)

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:10 PM

He does not frequent very often but he is still around!
Old 09-28-2005, 08:41 AM

He showed up at the last group drive. And before that I helped him install his new suspension. He lives in Ogden which is about 30 minutes north of Salt Lake. I live in Salt Lake, I may be able to answer some questions.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:09 AM

i live in Draper, about 10mins South of SLC so holla with any questions
Old 09-28-2005, 09:38 PM

Thanks guys! Well, I *may* be moving to SLC for a job. The company is located on State Street downtown, and I'm looking to buy a house that's not too far away (less than 45 minute drive with traffic). Coming from SoCal I heard that I can get a fairly decent place (less than 15 years old, no pool) to the west or south of SLC. my budget is about 300~350k, and I'm looking for a good school district for the kid(s). 3 car garage would be great, but that may be a stretch for the $ I'm looking to put down.

Any suggestions as to where to start looking? BTW, will I get any flak in Utah for being an inactive LDS member?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mingster,Sep 28 2005, 10:38 PM
Thanks guys! Well, I *may* be moving to SLC for a job. The company is located on State Street downtown, and I'm looking to buy a house that's not too far away (less than 45 minute drive with traffic). Coming from SoCal I heard that I can get a fairly decent place (less than 15 years old, no pool) to the west or south of SLC. my budget is about 300~350k, and I'm looking for a good school district for the kid(s). 3 car garage would be great, but that may be a stretch for the $ I'm looking to put down.

Any suggestions as to where to start looking? BTW, will I get any flak in Utah for being an inactive LDS member?
You'll shouldn't have any problem finding a nice home in that price range. Problem will be you have to be an active member of th Mormon church in order to buy property in Utah.

We live in Salt Lake City. A 10 to 20 min drive to downtown depending on traffic. It's a great place to live.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:06 AM

Heh, time and distance here is far far different than in socal. Basically anywhere you live in the valley is within 20 minutes of downtown. The south and south west ends of the valley are the booming areas due to the open land out there. My sister-in-law built a house last year out there with a nice 3 car garage in the mid $200k area. C4 lives in Draper which is one of the growing areas, he can probably give you a better idea of housing prices out there. I live in Holladay which is an older part of town so the houses aren't as large and a 3 car garage is probably going to be a hard find. But I'm only 5 minutes from downtown. Areas I'd suggest looking are Holladay, Sugar House, Sandy, Draper, West Jordan. I'd try to stay away from the west side of town (anything west of state street and north of 9000 S). I know housing prices are going through the roof here so I'm not sure what your price range will get you now, but I don't think you should have too hard of a time finding what you want. The areas I mentioned are in the Granite and Jordan school districts. These are both good school districts. I wouldn't sweat the LDS thing. I haven't considered myself mormon in 11 years, and no one cares (well except my family haha).
Old 09-29-2005, 11:25 AM

Overall Utah is a great place to raise a family and it isn't too far from Cali., so you'll be okay I will be moving back to N. CA in August or so, so you can buy my house in Draper
Old 09-29-2005, 08:37 PM

You can always live a little north in the Layton/Kayasville area. For that kind of money you can have a 4000 sqft house built the way you want with a 4 car garage. And we have less crime ...of course coming from SoCal just about anywhere you live will be just about zero crime.

And don't worry, there are plenty of SoCal folks living here in Utah. I used to live in Lake Forest on Trabuco Rd for a few years and then we moved to Lakewood back when I was growing up.

Good luck with the move!!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by afetsman,Sep 29 2005, 08:37 PM
You can always live a little north in the Layton/Kayasville area. For that kind of money you can have a 4000 sqft house built the way you want with a 4 car garage. And we have less crime ...of course coming from SoCal just about anywhere you live will be just about zero crime.

And don't worry, there are plenty of SoCal folks living here in Utah. I used to live in Lake Forest on Trabuco Rd for a few years and then we moved to Lakewood back when I was growing up.

Good luck with the move!!!!
Good lord, i LIVE on Trabuco and El Toro! We could've bee neighbors

Hmm, 4000 sq. ft house sounds great, but how far away is that from SLC? also i heard certain directions aren't covered by expressway/freeways, so it's a lot slower getting to work (local roads with lights)? which direction(s) is that?

If I do move to SLC, i guess i won't be getting rid of my WRX

Quick Reply: Looking for Utah S2K