Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Moving to Vancouver

Old 06-30-2003, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Vancouver

Hi everyone

In May, I posted on this board mentioning that I might be moving to Vancouver.
Earlier post

Well I accepted the position that was being offered to me, and I will be moving to Vancouver on the 6th of July. The company that I will be working for is paying for my stay in a hotel until I can find a place to live. Most likely, I'll be living in the hotel for the month of July, but by August, I would have like to have found a place to live.

I'll be working in Burnaby, and I would like to find a nice area to reside in. In my earlier post, I received some wonderful feedback on where to live. I did visit Vancouver for a few days, but since I am a newbie to this area, most of the locations mentioned still seem relatively new to me.

I'm looking for either an apartment or condo, with underground parking (gotta protect my baby ). It doesn't necessarily have to be in a "hip or happening" area, but one that is relatively quite and safe. Also the commute would be another factor (currently, I commute about 30 min to work in mild to heavy California traffic).

Any suggestions and input would be much appreciated
Thanks once again and I hope to meet some of you soon

(My S will still be in California, until I have found a place to live )
Old 06-30-2003, 03:34 AM

if ur looking for place to live in burnaby....
i suggest... edmonds skytrain station... area...
whole new.. apt area... very clean and quiet
that's where i live...
or u could try apt. around metrotown shopping mall....
kinda noisy... due to traffic...
bytheway metrotown and where i live is only 5 min drive...
Old 06-30-2003, 05:30 AM

cool... how long is this for? quite permenent?
Old 06-30-2003, 06:06 AM

If u need your car shipped up here. Let me know. I mite be able to help.

I suggest Burnaby also. There are quite a few area in Burnaby South area with new town house or condo. There are a few area that I don't recommend such as Joyce Station area. Which is relatively close to Burnaby. Ppl's car always get stolen from those apartment building's parking.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:32 AM

Brentwood has some nice new apartment coming up. It might be closer to your work place as well. Otherwise Edmonds is a nice area, just make sure you get one of the new apartment (Mayfair 1 & 2). Some of the ones on Station Hill has leaky problems.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:37 AM

Wow you guys are great!

Thanks for all the info regarding where to live. My stay in Vancouver is for 1 year, but with the option to leave after I have completed my contract thereafter. I'm keeping an open mind to the whole move, because everyone tells me that Vancouver is one of the best places to live. So maybe this will be a permanent move.

My work is providing me a relocation agency that will move all of my stuff (including my car) to Vancouver, but not until I find a place. So most likely I won't have all of my possessions until August (they really want me to start soon....slave drivers )

Once again, thanks for all your help everyone, and keep more of those suggestions coming

Old 06-30-2003, 09:50 AM

I think Vancouver West side has some of the best places to live. There are some relatively new aparments around here, and they're very nice (safe and convienient location/ quiet neighborhood), as long as you don't mind driving 15 minutes to from Burnaby for work everyday.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:06 PM

15mins from westside to Burnaby? JL, you must work at like 12am or somthing man.. when there's no traffic! haha... try gogin to burnaby from where you live during the moring rush! haha
Old 06-30-2003, 01:09 PM

indecision! mayfair place is where i live... very quiet and safe
Old 06-30-2003, 02:07 PM

s2kvancouver, I came close to getting a place at mayfair but all the units with a good view were gone. Settled for one across from Lougheed mall instead The Station Hill area is sweet, especially the two new Mayfair buildings.

abzug, you should stay in Burnaby. Another S2000 in Burnaby and we'll out number Vancouverites for sure

Quick Reply: Moving to Vancouver