Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Poker Run - Must Register by THIS Weekend

Old 07-25-2011, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Poker Run - Must Register by THIS Weekend

No pressure people but there is less than one month before the Poker Run for charity over here on the island so I have to have my numbers in for the food orders and the sponsors that are hosting the checkpoints this year as there are events at most checkpoints such as BBQ and sales events and freebies for the participants.

We have some great prizes this year including a free night stay and spa treatment at Tigh-Na-Mara resort. Five Stay and Play prize packages for one week at a resort in your choice of Mexico, Central America, South America, Canada, USA, and the Caribbean. One trip to Calgary for F1 training at the Allen Burgen F1 training school, and many other great prizes donated by our sponsors including Saunders Subaru, The Honda Way, All Vancouver Island Honda Dealerships, Kal-Tire, The Wind Restrictor, SHC Autographic, A&J Racing, Crème de la Crumb restaurants, Mt Washington resort, and many more.

If any of you can make it over we would love to have you. Gas is cheaper on the island and the route is spectacular. Perfect reason to come over to the island for a weekend getaway. The route takes us from Victoria up to Mt Washington in the Comox valley. We stop at 7 checkpoints along the way and pick up cards. When at our final destination there is a show for all the cars for pictures, and a banquet dinner (see menu in the Poker Run sticky - carved Roast Beef)..., there is a silent raffle with the prizes listed above and we award the cash prizes to the high poker hands. Don't worry if you don't know poker hands, we will help you and determine what you have. I will also post a list of all poker hands and their rankings. We have the chalet till midnight with a bar and staff. Most of us head off to our accommodations for the night. Morning we get together, select a spot for brunch and cruise back to Victoria/Ferries.

You don't have to stay on the mountain. This entire event can be done in one day if you take the 11:45 ferry from Nanaimo to the mainland.

Please consider coming over and helping me raise money for an excellent charity and to have a good time. You need to pre-register for the event so I can order the appropriate amount of food and goodies. I hope to see some of you over.

Thanks!

DDonovan

Old 07-25-2011, 05:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm heading over to the island from the 24th - 28th as the girlfriend has a course she is taking at UVIC. We are turning it into a mini vacation but I couldn't swing it getting more time off. Too bad I'm just missing it . Goodluck with everything Dave.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:24 PM

Thanks Cam. Are you coming over in the S?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We might. Not quite decided yet. Depends how much stuff we are bringing lol.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:57 PM

Two weeks till this event ..., PM me for a list of prizes and sponsors.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:00 PM

One day left to register or to confirm your registration for this event. If you have confirmed already and haven't purchased your participation envelope, please do so. I have an extension until Monday to have the numbers up to the caterers.