Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

shipping from USA

Old 05-10-2011, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shipping from USA

I have never done this before so I have a couple of questions. Has anyone shipped directly to Canada from Evasive Motorsports and how much brokerage fees did you have to pay ? Has anyone had anything shipped to "the letter carrier" at point roberts and does this work better? All coments would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-10-2011, 10:19 AM

I get all my things shipped from all over the world, mainly USA though, to a place called Can-Amer. Its just right across the commercial border crossing (Pacific Crossing) in Blaine, WA. About 2 minutes away from the border very close to the Chevron gas station. It's a dollar per package. You don't need an account or anything. You could be courteous and notify them that you would like to get something shipped there and you will pick it up once its delivered. A married couple has been running that place for many years and they are top notch in my opinion. They can ship it across the border for you as well if you like but you might have to pay some extra fee's for that.

Like I said I just go across the border since I live pretty close, pick it up, bring it across and call it a day. You're allowed to bring up to $50 USD total value per person across the border without being taxed, if you were there for less then a day. Up to $500 if you're there for 3 days or longer.

One time I picked up a bucket seat and I declared the total value which was 546 USD total and I wasn't taxed at all. You just gotta be honest and pray that you get a nice customs officer lol. Usually they don't care but sometimes you'll get one that's been having a bad day.

But yea I get most of my JDM stuff from the states if not available from MTL and I never had any problems. Just be honest and always declare the total value. Keep the item on your passenger seat so they don't think you're hiding anything and always go down with an empty car. That's just all my opinion as I always go down like that and I never have any issues at the border.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:23 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mark I use "The Letter Carrier" all the time for big purchases or items I need in a rush. Save on brokerage fee, shipping cost, wait time (sometimes parcels get held at customs for processings), and convenience. Just follow the steps on the shipping warehouse website and make sure your credit card has a secondary address (in this case The Letter Carrier). Evasive will most likely do an address confirmation prior to shipping/transaction. Print out receipts, conversations and be honest with what you bought and cost.

I refuse to shop in Canada, unless they are particular items. USA is way better!

http://betterdollar..../brokerage-fee/
http://www.thefinalcost.com/
http://www.thelettercarrier.com/
Old 05-10-2011, 01:21 PM

I just ordered a bunch of camera goods to Point to Point Parcel in Point Roberts, a block from Letter Carrier.

Its the same deal. I picked Point to point parcel because its very close to the border, and I plan on walking through instead of driving. That way I avoid the line ups, and someone told me not to drive my car through the border in risk of getting hassled.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^That's actually a nice idea. So you just park your car at the nearest place and walk over? I should do the same next time when the line up is long.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:10 PM

Just went down today to pick up some stuff. I parked at the parking spot just in front of the border office, walked through, no problems. Line up was huge today, both ways. Walking in, 5 Min tops, asked me what I was doing, I just showed them my receipts and said Im picking up a parcel. Point to Point parcel is what I use, They are super quick, and also just a 5 min walk from the border office. Pick up my parcel, walk back to the border, told the officer I picked up the parcel, showed my receipt, and just let me through. My parcel value $379.99 USD... Didn't get taxed. Win!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Calamari
Just went down today to pick up some stuff. I parked at the parking spot just in front of the border office, walked through, no problems. Line up was huge today, both ways. Walking in, 5 Min tops, asked me what I was doing, I just showed them my receipts and said Im picking up a parcel. Point to Point parcel is what I use, They are super quick, and also just a 5 min walk from the border office. Pick up my parcel, walk back to the border, told the officer I picked up the parcel, showed my receipt, and just let me through. My parcel value $379.99 USD... Didn't get taxed. Win!
I have to do that next time I had UPS charge me $56 for brokarage fee $300 item plus HST