Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

So much for Honda standard rates

Old 03-16-2006, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry So much for Honda standard rates

A friend of mine needed to replace the O2 sensor in her Accord. She dropped her car off at dealer X. They confirmed a busted O2 sensor, they gave her a quote. I told her to call outside shop to check on the rates, she did. Just for kick she also called another Honda dealer Y. As it turns out dealer Y could do it for alot cheaper. She called dealer X and asked why are they charging her so much. The magical answer? "we also need to reset your computer. The other dealer probably didn't mention the charge to you." Don't laugh, I cried

Moral of the story? call around. Don't just assume every Honda dealer will charge you the same rate.

I definitely do not want to swim in the tank with those sharks. *sigh*
Old 03-16-2006, 01:16 PM

good call. Alot of people go to honda dealers expecting them to be the same every where because it is a honda dealer. We must not forget that they are all indipendent businesses as well. Find one place you can trust and stick with them, but always good to get a second opionion, then again some time cheaper is not always beter either.

Good post
Old 03-24-2006, 12:57 PM

I had a similar problem with my 7thgen civic. My clutch pedal was squeeking and making clanking noises. I was worried to drove down to dealer X and asking them how much it would be to take a look and see whats wrong with the clutch, automatically they told me that i had a faulty master cylinder and needed to get that replaced with a whole lot of other things coming out to 1200 dollars of maintence charges. I laughed and went to dealer y near my work and they told me that all that needed to be done was to lube up the master cylinder and the clutch fork, total price came out to 23 dollars. :S

My recent problem now is i have a leaky trunk and im calling around to find out home much it would be to fix. One place quoted me 600 dollars.