Vancouver Island Vancouver Island S2000 Enthusiasts

Got my car back from the shop

Old 05-12-2013, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got my car back from the shop

Anyways lets get to the topic. So i took my ar to a mitsubishi dealer down in nanaimo. My brothers know the guy. Anyways they said that the noise was so loud which is true cos i can hear it. So they finally done and the noise was gone. I took it home. As soon as o got on our parking lot i can smell something is brning. So i open my hood and see smoke on the engine. It smell like a rubber or oil or something like that. So i call them and took it back to mitsubishi. They said that it myt be a spil from when they took off the valve cover and its just burning out. But what im worried about is that why is the engine shaking so much and if its on idle the car shakes so much. U can feel when ur inside. Also the tach. Goes up and down and car start to shake. So car is shaking cos of the engine.

Any idea what going on?
Old 05-12-2013, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What work did they do to the vehicle? If it was a big job oil and or coolant can get dripped on the the exhaust or other parts of the motor and steam when its warm, (I usually try to spray the engine bay down after I do a large job or get the detailers to clean it for me).

Does it shake just at idle or is it all the time? Let us know exactly what they did to the car
Old 05-12-2013, 02:42 PM

They did a valve adjustmet to it. But yeah car shakes when its on idle and rpm keeps going up and down when on idle. Also check engine light came on today.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:40 PM

Mitsubishi dealership ???
Old 05-12-2013, 04:15 PM

I mean mitsubishi car dealership. I know the guy that works there so i went there.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PwetNgManok
They did a valve adjustmet to it. But yeah car shakes when its on idle and rpm keeps going up and down when on idle. Also check engine light came on today.
Is the check engine on light solid or is it flashing? From the way you are describing it I am going to guess the shaking and CEL is pointing towards a misfire. If they just did a valve adjustment and it did not run like that before call them up and explain the situation. Valve adjustments aren't complicated, but if they got the wrong specs and they are not adjusted right you could see drive ability issues. You don't want to have them overtightened and have one burn, (this would be a worst case scenario over time).
Old 05-12-2013, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tom.D
Originally Posted by PwetNgManok' timestamp='1368398559' post='22537673
Is the check engine on light solid or is it flashing? From the way you are describing it I am going to guess the shaking and CEL is pointing towards a misfire. If they just did a valve adjustment and it did not run like that before call them up and explain the situation. Valve adjustments aren't complicated, but if they got the wrong specs and they are not adjusted right you could see drive ability issues. You don't want to have them overtightened and have one burn, (this would be a worst case scenario over time).
yeah im getting it check this week.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Metric verses Imperial measurements. Double check that they use the correct one!

However that does not explain the oil :S
Old 05-13-2013, 07:59 AM

Yeah i know. Im like so regretin it getting y car done in there. I wish i took it to honda or soewhere else. Oh wells have appointment tmrw anyqays
Old 05-13-2013, 08:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you leave car with them overnight? Did they work on a cold motor?

Quick Reply: Got my car back from the shop