Want to Buy Looking for something? Post requests for parts in this forum. WTB Only.

Car Parts Online UK, mechanic and advice needed

Old 03-17-2019, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Parts Online UK, mechanic and advice needed

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and I really need some help please. I recently bought (one week) a 2008 S2000 with a 102,000 miles on the clock. Has been a dream of mine to own one for years and saved up and finally made the purchase. I knew it wasn't perfect but didn't think it was as bad as it is. I was told to take it or leave it by the seller and I took a chance which hasn't worked out too well! The dream is slowly turning into an expensive nightmare...

On detailed inspection I have found out that:

-Back left shock absorber is blown and coil spring out of place. Is this common?
-Starter motor is starting to stick ( Honda garage told me)
-Master cylinder is leaking (noticed today). Should I change the slave cylinder too?
-Back left caliper is sticking slightly
-Slight condensation in back left tail light. Will need a new seal.
-Only have one key and two fobs (my key has a 'h' stamped on it). Can I buy these online?

Where can I buy all these parts online at a reasonable price and know the quality is good? Which brands are best?

Also which engine oil and fluids should I use? The more I google, the more confused I get. I'd really like to get a copy of the manual if anyone knows where to get one.

Finally, is it easy to change the slave and master cylinders? I don't have much money so will need to attempt a few of these tasks myself. Might try the caliper too.

I live in South-West London so a recommendation for a mechanic to do some work would be much appreciated

Any other info you can give me would be much appreciated.