Want to Buy Looking for something? Post requests for parts in this forum. WTB Only.

WTB: AP1 or AP2 cylinder head ASAP (can be bare or w/ valve train)

Old 05-07-2018, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: AP1 or AP2 cylinder head ASAP (can be bare or w/ valve train)

Hello, I'm looking to buy or trade for a cylinder head; preferably AP2 & ideally 2006 or later. I had some head work done & a brand new Ferrea Competion Plus valve train installed in my current head, but the machine shop took off too much material & the head can't be used now.

If anyone is interested in the Ferrea valve train parts (they're brand new/unused & in perfect condition), I'm open to selling or trading for them.

I'd prefer to find a AP2 cylinder head that has never been machined/milled. I have my OEM valve train components, so I'm also open to a bare cylinder head. If you're local (I'm in San Jose, CA) it's better becasue then I can inspect & measure the head to see if it's within spec. A head with bent valves is OK, as long as it's not warped or damaged beyond repair.

I need to find something ASAP so I can get my car up & running again.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a head, message me with your number.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by pastoli
Awesome. What year is your head and in what condition? Where are you located? My number is 4086552638
Old 05-08-2018, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by pastoli
Hi, i'm still interested in the head you have, I need one ASAP... Please get back to me and let me know more about your cyl head & if we can work out a deal. My number is 408-655-2638. Text or call. If I miss your call, please leave a voicemail & ill get back to you ASAP. By the way my name is Archer. Thanks so much
Old 05-14-2018, 09:11 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

I have an 05 cylinder head complete with 34k miles on it. It was on a motor that blew a piston ring land so one of the combustion chambers has some marks that should be cleaned up/smoothed a bit before installing it on your bottom end. I can send pics this eve if you PM me your email or cel phone number.
Old 05-15-2018, 06:06 AM

Hey everyone, I'm still looking for a head... If anyone has one please let me know I prefer a 2006+ but any year will do if it's good condition or needs very minimal repairs. Does anyone out there have a head that didn't overheat & that was never machined & has no issues? Thanks.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:45 PM

BUMP... So I'm still looking for a head to buy. I'm in San Jose, CA & had a few people in other states contact me about heads they have for sale, but all these heads had issues and not being local makes it hard to tell if they will be salvageable or not since I can't inspect the heads personally or ensure they aren't warped.

Ideally, I'm looking for someone who's local and has a bare AP1 or AP2 head to sell that has never been machined or overheated. I have my own valve train to use, so even if the head needs a new valve train or new valve seats cut, that's not an issue. A head with or without a valve train is OK depending on the price... My main concern is that I need a head that's never been warped or resurfaced at all. A bare head with no valve train is preferred since I have my own valve train to use.

I'd also consider a non local head, but it needs to be in good working condition since I can't inspect it personally, or at the very least if the seller can guarantee that the head is not warped or cracked. My worst fear is that I shell out the cash to buy a non local head only to find that it's warped/cracked/not useable & i've just lost more money buying a non-useable head.

Anyone out there with a head they can guarantee isn't warped or one in good working condition? Thanks.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:17 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

As we have discussed before, I can guarantee my 34k mile head has never been milled and is not warped. The valve train including the seats, guides and seals are in great condition reflective of the low mileage. The caveat as you know is the smoothing out of the one combustion chamber from the let go ring land that should be done prior to use. If it helps, id consider just going ahead and doing the repair myself, its not a big deal, about 20 mins of my time. The head should go to someone that can use it, not doing me any good sitting on my shelf. Id like the money instead.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:14 PM

Hey bro, so sorry for my late reply; I just saw your message now. So I'm glad to know your head has never overheated and I'm still considering it.

My concern is that if you had a busted ring land, then how bad was the damage that was done to the head's combustion chamber area for that cylinder. It's pretty hard to tell from the pics you sent me. Basically, since the ring land broke off I'm worried that pieces of metal could've got into the combustion chamber and might have knicked/pitted/ or created indentations into the head's combustion chamber area for that respective cylinder. This kind of damage would mess with compression area/ratio and create hot spots/detonation.

If there are large pits or indentations from pieces of the ring land bouncing around in there, it may mean that head can't be used safely and then I'd be out of more money and have 2 heads I can't use. After the money I lost on my original head, I can't afford to make a mistake here.

Have you closely inspected the damage to make sure there are no indentations/pitting from any metal pieces? If I was able to see the damage in person it'd be much easier to pull the trigger. I know it might be headache, but is there some kind of deal we can work out where if I buy it and I find that I cant use it becasue the damage is too bad, that you'd take it back?

There's another member selling an AP1 head, he said it passed a compression test but failed a leak down test on 2 cylinders; I'm guessing his valves are leaking. He's selling his head to me for $300 shipped, and last time we talked you said you'd do yours for $350 shipped. Regardless if I buy his or yours, they both need work done to them before I can use them.

If I can be sure the damage in your head is easily fixable and it's still useable; and if you're willing to sell yours for $300 shipped, since I still need to clean it up, I'd be willing to buy yours. I just have to be sure that it's not damaged too bad and is still useable.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
As we have discussed before, I can guarantee my 34k mile head has never been milled and is not warped. The valve train including the seats, guides and seals are in great condition reflective of the low mileage. The caveat as you know is the smoothing out of the one combustion chamber from the let go ring land that should be done prior to use. If it helps, id consider just going ahead and doing the repair myself, its not a big deal, about 20 mins of my time. The head should go to someone that can use it, not doing me any good sitting on my shelf. Id like the money instead.
Hi I never heard back from you after my last reply. I just thought I'd check in with you on what your thoughts were about my last reply.

Quick Reply: WTB: AP1 or AP2 cylinder head ASAP (can be bare or w/ valve train)