S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Wheels and Tires (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/wheels-tires-56/)
-   -   Looking to lower me sled (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/wheels-tires-56/looking-lower-me-sled-573952/)

Metalhead 03-05-2008 04:52 PM

Looking to lower me sled

I've been told that Tein's Flex coilover system is about the best set up for my price range; $1.500 (I've been quoted $1.420, installed). Any thoughts?
Thanks.

harrrrry 03-05-2008 07:34 PM

Save another 300, get KW Variant 3. I've yet to read anything bad about them at all.

If you're just going for the lowered look but still want coilovers for adjustability, then get something like the megan street, which is manufactured by the same as the Apexi EXV coilovers.

Spending 1500 on coilovers that you may not put to its full potential might be a little much though but it's your call, good luck

P-CarDriver 03-05-2008 07:56 PM

i have Koni yellows and H&R springs for sale! PM me

Metalhead 03-06-2008 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by harrrrry,Mar 5 2008, 08:34 PM
Save another 300, get KW Variant 3. I've yet to read anything bad about them at all.

If you're just going for the lowered look but still want coilovers for adjustability, then get something like the megan street, which is manufactured by the same as the Apexi EXV coilovers.

Spending 1500 on coilovers that you may not put to its full potential might be a little much though but it's your call, good luck

Thanks, Harrrrry! :hello: That is good, solid advice that I will in fact put to use. :thumbup:

silentdancer 03-06-2008 04:00 PM

i also agree with saving for the variants, might as well spend the extra 300 while youre at it

havent heard any negatives from anyone who had the Kw's

harrrrry 03-06-2008 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Metalhead,Mar 6 2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks, Harrrrry! :hello: That is good, solid advice that I will in fact put to use. :thumbup:

No prob. Also, if you want quality coilovers with good adjustability that's gotten good reviews are bilstein PSS9. They're around the same price as the Flex and i've yet to read anything bad about these other than the fact that some people think they're softer than they hoped/like (which is subjective again).

If your not gonna go to the track, but maybe autox, then this may be the best choice. Some of the older posts show that some members have had the tein's leak on them after only 25k miles or so. I was thinking of the bilsteins before i bought my suspension setup

Metalhead 03-08-2008 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by harrrrry,Mar 6 2008, 06:25 PM
No prob. Also, if you want quality coilovers with good adjustability that's gotten good reviews are bilstein PSS9. They're around the same price as the Flex and i've yet to read anything bad about these other than the fact that some people think they're softer than they hoped/like (which is subjective again).

If your not gonna go to the track, but maybe autox, then this may be the best choice. Some of the older posts show that some members have had the tein's leak on them after only 25k miles or so. I was thinking of the bilsteins before i bought my suspension setup

Thank you again, harrrrry. I really do appreciate it. I'm off to price the KW "Variant 3" and the Bilstein "PSS9s" right now. :hello: