Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tire review

Old 05-17-2012, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
The tires that I am talking abour are the new generation of BFG not the old! These are a much improved compound then the older one! I got them on tire rack for around 100 each! These are not the old style at all! Tire rack told me they just got them in and only have sold a few pairs! They are much improved over the old design night and day
Old 05-17-2012, 08:01 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

BFGoodrich claims their new tire’s material and construction improvements result in 30% better wet grip and eight percent better dry grip – “offering precise control, without sacrificing tread life.”
http://www.craveonline.com/lifestyle...e-sport-comp-2

I would say looking at some performance specs further, these should be right in line with their own KDWs.

8% improvement in the dry. imho...that ain't much. jm2c

I would def recommend this for a DD'd car though.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:50 PM

These make a great tire for someone who needs a DD tire! One big plus is these tires are really wide! I need a tire that will last more then 1500 miles plus need a tire that has good rain traction too!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:13 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Just talked to a buddy of mine tonight that JUST bought these...def. in for a review from him over the Sumitomos
Old 05-20-2012, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Drumfish
These make a great tire for someone who needs a DD tire! One big plus is these tires are really wide! I need a tire that will last more then 1500 miles plus need a tire that has good rain traction too!
U mean 15k? All the 100+ treadwear tires will last 1,500.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2012, 12:33 PM

yes, Correct more then 15000 miles looking to get a tire yhat would get at least 25000 miles or slightly more! Tire did great in the rain today! The tire does have a very firm sidewall!!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:53 PM

I sold these to someone for $300 after only 2k miles, bought them with the same intentions for street driving, had the first gen before I started tracking my car and they felt like crap compared to my ado8, and recently picked up a set of kuhmo ecsta LE sport, and wow day and night difference, I recomended them way better then the hankook v12, stock, continental dw (not worth the money) I loved them so much I put them on my gf speed3 and my sti. I currently have 3,2xx miles on them on the s2k. Disappointed with michelin for make a crapy 2nd, I think they put all there research on there new pilot SS lol
Old 05-22-2012, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by sto405
I sold these to someone for $300 after only 2k miles, bought them with the same intentions for street driving, had the first gen before I started tracking my car and they felt like crap compared to my ado8, and recently picked up a set of kuhmo ecsta LE sport, and wow day and night difference, I recomended them way better then the hankook v12, stock, continental dw (not worth the money) I loved them so much I put them on my gf speed3 and my sti. I currently have 3,2xx miles on them on the s2k. Disappointed with michelin for make a crapy 2nd, I think they put all there research on there new pilot SS lol
Now that's some good info! Thanks for posting as i was wondering about the kuhmo e le tires as well. It's just too bad that they r not symmetrical so u can flip them on the rims for better tire wear. For the price though I am still considering them. They r one of the more affordable tires, especially in the 18" range.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2012, 01:20 PM

for the price you can't beat them, they are nice and quiet and dry traction is amazing I was really impressed, I figured I couldn't go wrong with the with the price tag on them. plus side wall is nice but not too stiff If I can compare it I would say it between the dunlop ss and the continental dw, with the near dry handling of the SS and quite and wet handling of the dw's and with the side walls I would put them in between the two... and I have -2.8 in the rear and I've driven the car almost 4k miles and almost no wear out back...

and they sit really square they have a 10" tread width, my rim are 17x9+35 the tires are 255/40/17
Old 05-22-2012, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by sto405
for the price you can't beat them, they are nice and quiet and dry traction is amazing I was really impressed, I figured I couldn't go wrong with the with the price tag on them. plus side wall is nice but not too stiff If I can compare it I would say it between the dunlop ss and the continental dw, with the near dry handling of the SS and quite and wet handling of the dw's and with the side walls I would put them in between the two... and I have -2.8 in the rear and I've driven the car almost 4k miles and almost no wear out back...
and they sit really square they have a 10" tread width, my rim are 17x9+35 the tires are 255/40/17

Nice! That's good that they run a little wide. I run 0.30 deg toe in and -2.6 camber so I know I'm going to get some extra wear back there.

Quick Reply: BF Goodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 tire review