Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all those who have fitted MY2005 rear wheels on the front

Old 06-20-2016, 02:14 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Calling all those who have fitted MY2005 rear wheels on the front

Hi guys,
I love the MY2005 17" V1 wheels. However, I want the extra front end grip that a square set-up gives, so want to fit a set of rears to the fronts. I will be doing it properly and having the centres correctly machined. However, I REALLY don't want spacers if it is at all possible to avoid (I will be running 245s all round), does anyone who has done this have an aftermarket BBK on? If so, which kit fits without spacers?

Ideally, I am wanting Spoon callipers, so if anyone has them with these wheels and can confirm fitment, that would be perfect.

If you know anyone that has gone this route, could you point them towards this thread or point me towards them .

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-20-2016, 03:21 AM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

I'm square on OEM AP2V1 wheels and presently have the 2003 Accord V6 caliper upgrade. The Accord up-size does require a 1.5mm spacer.

However, as of this week, I will be installing the Tarox 6-pot front brake kit which does not require spacers.

Just unboxed.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by hecash
I'm square on OEM AP2V1 wheels and presently have the 2003 Accord V6 caliper upgrade. The Accord up-size does require a 1.5mm spacer.

However, as of this week, I will be installing the Tarox 6-pot front brake kit which does not require spacers.

Just unboxed.

Do you have a build thread ? Would love to see pics of the wheels fitted .
Old 06-20-2016, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mike RT4
Do you have a build thread ?
No, I do not. I simply followed the initial concept of the 2003 Accord up-size thread on this forum as it was being developed. My up-size executed just as described in that thread.

Would love to see pics of the wheels fitted .
I'm confident that I have photos and will return to this thread with them once I have found them.
Old 06-20-2016, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mike RT4' timestamp='1466423461' post='23997403
Do you have a build thread ?
No, I do not. I simply followed the initial concept of the 2003 Accord up-size thread on this forum as it was being developed. My up-size executed just as described in that thread.

Would love to see pics of the wheels fitted .
I'm confident that I have photos and will return to this thread with them once I have found them.
Would you also mind measuring the overall width of the calliper, so I can see how that compares with the Spoon item?
Old 06-20-2016, 09:58 AM

Would you also mind measuring the overall width of the calliper, so I can see how that compares with the Spoon item?
I do not have them available. They are several miles away at the shop where I'll be installing them later this week.

I thought that it was fully understood that the Spoon calipers do not clear the OEM wheel (rim).

Old 06-20-2016, 10:21 AM

Sadly, I've misplaced the photos that I took when I did the 2003 Accord up-size project. The only photos of the squared configuration wheels on my car after the up-size project are from 2013 while running the Tail of the Dragon roadway in the Smokey Mountains down in the southeast USA. These three are the best of that lot. I'll try to remember to take photos later this week when I mount the Tarox-6 kit.

Old 06-20-2016, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mike RT4' timestamp='1466434098' post='23997525

I do not have them available. They are several miles away at the shop where I'll be installing them later this week.

I thought that it was fully understood that the Spoon calipers do not clear the OEM wheel (rim).
I know the fronts, but was trying to figure out if that was the same for the rears on the front, hence wanting to know the measurements of the Tarox (which you say will fit), to compare.

When you do get to the point of fitting them, could you pretty please measure them
Old 06-20-2016, 12:51 PM

Car looks lovely in those pictures
Old 06-20-2016, 01:32 PM

I know the fronts, but was trying to figure out if that was the same for the rears on the front, hence wanting to know the measurements of the Tarox (which you say will fit), to compare.

When you do get to the point of fitting them, could you pretty please measure them
In terms of brake clearance, the fronts are no different than the back. The difference between the front and rear wheels is width and offset alone. So, it's entirely about where on the barrel the spokes intersect. It has nothing to do with the distance between the inside of the spoke and the hub interface where there is no difference between the rear and the front wheels.

Quick Reply: Calling all those who have fitted MY2005 rear wheels on the front