Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CR Wheel Color Match?

Old 06-01-2009, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CR Wheel Color Match?

Hi All,

I am curious to find out if anyone has found an exact (or close) paint match for the CR wheel color (gunmetal). Over the weekend, I just grazed one of my wheels and am looking for a suitable touch-up paint.

I did a search but was unable to come up with any conclusive posts.

Thanks in advance!
Ari
Old 06-04-2009, 04:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have CR wheels on my 06 S2K now; they are still fairly pristine and don't need any touch-up paint (yet).

My last set of wheels were gun metal gray Work Emotion CR Kai's... I was not careful and curbed one of the rims; so what I did is take a good hi-res picture of the wheel on a sunny day, then printed the color picture out on real good printer (Kinkos).

I took the picture to a local Hobby shop and looked at their model paints. I was able to find 3 colors that looked like pretty close matches to Work's gun metal gray. I bought all three of the small bottles of paint and some small model paint brushes for about $12.

When I got home I shook up the paints real good then dabbed a small amount of each color directly on the curb rash (no primer), let it dry, and then checked them out in full sunlight. One of the colors (panzergrau = tank gray) was a perfect match for my Work wheels.

The Hobby shop had several different brands of model paint, I can only remember that i used a German brand (not Testers). The wheel only needed to be touched up one more time in six months (my S2K is a 100 mile daily driver too). If the curb rash was real bad I would probably get if professionally repaired or replace the rim, but for small jobs the model paint might just do the trick.

The Honda CR gun metal gray color is quite a bit lighter shade than Work gun metal gray.

Good Luck!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

This is a pretty good match:

Duplicolor BNS0604
Attached Thumbnails CR Wheel Color Match?-cimg9575s.jpg  
Old 04-30-2011, 12:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd contact a local body shop and ask who they recommend for wheel painting work. Have that person do it. They are amazingly cheap and typically travel to you.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Use the Duplicolor wheel paint in Graphite form...goes on really well, very easy.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcs...2_pri_detl.jpg

Edit: Just reread the post and sounds like you just want to touch up the paint on CR wheels? Do you have a CR?
Old 05-03-2011, 06:43 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Here is the specific paint code for the CR wheels. Kaiser Silver (NH-546M) is the specified code for the USDM wheels.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:53 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

^ Do you know where or how we can get touch up paint? Previous owner let a tire/wheel shop use a metal screwdriver or something to pull the wheel weights off, and I am left with a bunch of scratches!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:25 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
^ Do you know where or how we can get touch up paint? Previous owner let a tire/wheel shop use a metal screwdriver or something to pull the wheel weights off, and I am left with a bunch of scratches!!!
Get a can of the Duplicolor spray paint. Turn an empty aluminum soda can upside down, spray paint into the cup shaped bottom, dab on paint with a small paintbrush or a squared off toothpick. Let dry. Apply as many times as needed to fill in the scratches.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:45 PM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
While the color was used by the Acura NSX for several years this is the correct color. Make sure you get the clear and primer the damaged areas first. You can get the paint in pens, 2 oz. bottle with brush, spray bottles or pints/quarts. You want the NH546M.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/cho...cura&model=Nsx
Old 05-04-2011, 06:43 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

^ Thank you.

Quick Reply: CR Wheel Color Match?