Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Desmond Regamaster Evo is back...

Old 10-29-2018, 10:47 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Yeah different strokes man. People will make their own decisions on these wheels, I just find those that argue for the originals don't really have much to stand on. Most just like to think of themselves as 'purists' of some sort--trust me there are a lot of them in the Mugen community who hated on any re-release because it was taking away from the value of their horded parts or made them feel less special.

The only reason these would not hold their value like originals is just because they are readily available and will likely have higher production numbers. Supply and demand, so can't do anything about that unless Matt wants to artificially create a supply shortage. Honestly, like i said, the originals are likely inferior in every way. Sure because of rarity, the originals may maintain some value, but my suspicion is that the market for the originals will shrink. People will wonder what the point is of hunting and buying used and beat up "originals" when they can spend a few hundred more for the new superior version, especially if you're looking for a specific size and offset that might be rare.

Your comparison about the shoes and furniture doesn't really make sense to me, because you're saying you wouldn't buy them if the rights were sold to an inferior manufacturer which you contradict by (rightfully) stating that Taneisya is better. I mean, I agree. i wouldn't buy the new EVOII either if Rota were the company bringing them back to market.

The lip design is obviously subjective, but the "new lip" is not anything new either. I've seen a lot of people complain they like the old design better, but the original design had 2 different lips available, i think depending on size of the wheel. I personally prefer the EVOII lip design. Had the same lip on my 15" Final Versions and loved it:
Oh I could have used better examples, replace Ikea with Knoll, Li-Ning with Adidas, etc. It is wholly subjective for me. I think we're seeing things similarly just on different sides of the coin. :e-beer:
Old 10-30-2018, 01:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
It is not the same company. ICB, the official company of Honda hypebeasts, bought the rights to the name & changed the design a little bit, and is now proceeding to ask an arm & 15 legs for these "Regamasters"
What design changes did they make compared to the original?
Old 10-30-2018, 03:32 AM
Community Organizer

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by _ju5t1n_
What design changes did they make compared to the original?
different sizes,offsets, lip design, spoke clearance
Old 10-30-2018, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like preorders won't ship til March 2019? Seems like quite a bit of a wait.

Spoon black would be dope, but since Spoon is bringing back the SW388 I'm guessing there's an agreement there on not to offer that color.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:41 AM

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 5ive6ix
Sounds like preorders won't ship til March 2019? Seems like quite a bit of a wait.

Spoon black would be dope, but since Spoon is bringing back the SW388 I'm guessing there's an agreement there on not to offer that color.
Wow March!?

Seems a bit excessive
Old 10-30-2018, 11:47 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

March sounds just about right for wheels from Japan. Special order/group buy volks are always 5-6 months lead time. King's MF10 rerelease deposit was taken in November and shipped in March as well.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:47 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

FYI, no flat black for first 2.5yrs out of respect to Spoon.
The following users liked this post:
5ive6ix (11-02-2018)
Old 11-02-2018, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j0oftheworld
FYI, no flat black for first 2.5yrs out of respect to Spoon.
Makes sense. Are the SW388 and EVOs being made by the same manufacturer?
Old 11-02-2018, 12:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 5ive6ix
Makes sense. Are the SW388 and EVOs being made by the same manufacturer?
yes
Old 11-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

I mean $3k for forged 18's doesn't seem that outrageous of a price when compared to other forged options. I see people listing their used beat up rega's for $2k+ so $3k for a new set doesn't seem crazy. Just wish they offered a 17x10 option.

Quick Reply: Desmond Regamaster Evo is back...