Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forgeline Competition Monoblock wheels

Old 09-15-2017, 07:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forgeline Competition Monoblock wheels

Hello everyone!
I would like to introduce the availabilty of Forgeline Competition wheels for the S2000 and specifically GS1R wheels in a 17 inch sizing.
While the GS1R wheel has been around for a few years, surprisingly they are not that popular for our S2K's.
The GS1R has been proven on many professional racing teams and is a great wheel for the track.

The following competition monoblock wheel styles are available but at this time in the 18 inch size only.
All wheels are available in a wide variety of custom offsets.

VX1R in Satin Bronze finish

GT1 5-lug in Gloss Black finish. The GT1 is a street monoblock wheel but is still track capable.

GTD1 in Viper applications. Graphite finish (5-lug applications also available)

Custom finishes are optional such as Hot Rod Blue

Other options include knurled bead seating

which minimizes (but does not prevent) wheel slipping in the tire.

The cost of Forgeline wheels is very expensive. A set of GS1R's 18x10.5 in a standard finish, with Forgelines own 10% discount and shipping will still cost nearly $6000.00 US dollars.

As an authorized Forgeline dealer I am able to provide a significant discount for anyone wanting to purchase their wheels. Please reply to this post or PM me directly as I am not allowed to advertise the reduced pricing. All wheels are dropped shipped directly to you.

Also please include the following info:
Wheel style:
Size:
Bolt pattern:
Offset:
Center Bore:
Finish:

Thanks!
Rylis Productions
Ariel Alvarez

Last edited by Rylis Productions; 09-15-2017 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Stoptech BBK friendly for 17x10?
Old 09-18-2017, 06:56 AM
Former Sponsor

A 17x10 GS1R wheel should have generous brake clearance but that something I have yet to 100% verify. Good news is that I have a 17x9 +63 on order. There should be a car local to me here in the Bay Area for me to test fit and I will post up the results!
Old 09-29-2017, 08:05 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Any 16 inch wheels available?
Old 09-29-2017, 09:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Unfortunately there is no 16 inch size available as 17 inch is the smallest wheel diameter Forgeline makes.

The GS1R monoblock is available in 17x8.5, 9, and 10 inch sizes shown here in optional Transparent Red

The GA3R, GW3R & GZ3R three piece wheels come in 17x7 through 13 inch sizes

GA3R in optional Matte black center Gloss black rim w/ Diamond Cut

GW3R in Race Gold center w/ standard polished outer

GZ3R in Silver center w/ standard polished outer
Old 10-05-2017, 09:16 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

While I absolutely love these wheels good luck getting the current generation of S2000 owners to spend $5000+ on a set of wheels. Or do you have some fantastic pricing making these not super expensive?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by //steve\\
While I absolutely love these wheels good luck getting the current generation of S2000 owners to spend $5000+ on a set of wheels. Or do you have some fantastic pricing making these not super expensive?
I completely agree with you and it makes more sense these wheels selling to Porsche, Viper or any other high dollar sports car makes. Other than the ability to choose specific custom offsets and color/finish, Forgelines don't have an advantage over a forged wheel niche that is dominated by Volks/Rays. It's really just another wheel choice for the S2000 enthusiast, simple as that.

While I am not allowed to publicly disclose my pricing with respect to other established Forgline dealers, I will say that my prices are less because that is the only way I can get volumes sales and be competitive. Even though I do have a significant discount as an authorized dealer, there is still no way I can compete with a set of $3k high quality Volks. I don't anticipate to sell many sets maybe a couple or so, but that is fine with me. I am just here to provide an awesome wheel while they are still available, to anyone who chooses to purchase a set and will continue to do so as long as I have the ability to.

Oh and please include your zipcode when PM'ing me so that I can get an exact shipping quote.
Thanks!
Old 10-19-2017, 09:25 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

Since you're capable of getting an impressive discount compared to other vendors, what would be your estimated price on 19" GS1R wheels for the 997 Porsche Turbo? PM is fine.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Rylis Productions
I completely agree with you and it makes more sense these wheels selling to Porsche, Viper or any other high dollar sports car makes. Other than the ability to choose specific custom offsets and color/finish, Forgelines don't have an advantage over a forged wheel niche that is dominated by Volks/Rays. It's really just another wheel choice for the S2000 enthusiast, simple as that.

While I am not allowed to publicly disclose my pricing with respect to other established Forgline dealers, I will say that my prices are less because that is the only way I can get volumes sales and be competitive. Even though I do have a significant discount as an authorized dealer, there is still no way I can compete with a set of $3k high quality Volks. I don't anticipate to sell many sets maybe a couple or so, but that is fine with me. I am just here to provide an awesome wheel while they are still available, to anyone who chooses to purchase a set and will continue to do so as long as I have the ability to.

Oh and please include your zipcode when PM'ing me so that I can get an exact shipping quote.
Thanks!
Old 10-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks EOE!
PM sent!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:11 PM

These are amazing wheels. I raced in the Optima Ultima Street event at PPIR this year and saw many, many sets of the GS1R around the paddock.

Since you're a dealer, are you able to get the GS1R's in a 4x100? My other car is a K24 MR2 Spyder and I'd love to get an 18" wheel on it.

The full specs would be: 18x11 +10 4x100. Some sort of flat bronze finish.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Forgeline Competition Monoblock wheels