Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knowleadge on wheel fitment and tires?

Old 05-06-2018, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Knowleadge on wheel fitment and tires?

This’s my first S2k or sports car period. Always sport bikes previously. Dealing with wheel fitment, offset etc. I’m a bit hesitant to buy me my first set of aftermarket wheels. I have a couple styles I quite like (bbs lm and wedssport tc105N) but am looking at similar (more affordable) options like ESR SR01 and XXR 562, if someone was able to help me find one of them that would fit without modification and recommend a corresponding tire I’d be very appreciative.

Last edited by S2KandCBR; 05-06-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:30 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Why don't you just post the wheel styles you like and we could help guide you?
Old 05-06-2018, 02:48 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Wheel fitment guide sticky at the top of the forum would be a good place to start, especially if you are looking for a bolt on solution without rolling the fenders.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Why don't you just post the wheel styles you like and we could help guide you?
good point. My bad. My budget isn’t bbs/volk level. I like the ESR SR01 and XXR 527, basically replicas of the bbs lm and weddsport tc105n.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:38 AM
Site Moderator

I have never seen an XXR that fits these cars. Looking up the ESR SR01 those don't come in specs that work for the S2000 either. Ready through the wheel fitment sticky and work off of that. Wedssports aren't that much even for a new set they are around $1500 and they are quality wheels. BBS you'd have to hunt for a used set and even then they probably will cost more than the Weds.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:50 AM

I have never seen an XXR that fits these cars. Looking up the ESR SR01 those don't come in specs that work for the S2000 either. Ready through the wheel fitment sticky and work off of that. Wedssports aren't that much even for a new set they are around $1500 and they are quality wheels. BBS you'd have to hunt for a used set and even then they probably will cost more than the Weds.
do you know of anything close to the bbs lm style but more affordable?
Old 05-07-2018, 09:13 AM
Site Moderator

Are you willing to roll your fenders and relocate the bumper tabs?

Your best bet it to find a used set of something. The Work VSXX are similar in style but a new set is pricey. I cant think of something that looks super close to BBS LM's off the top of my head. You just missed these https://www.s2ki.com/forums/wheels-t...gered-1184007/ so there are more affordable sets out there just have to be patient and find the right deal. These would require a fender roll just to be clear. You may look at SSR wheels since they have a few that look sort of like the BBS's. Not exactly the same but close.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:53 AM

Are you willing to roll your fenders and relocate the bumper tabs?

Your best bet it to find a used set of something. The Work VSXX are similar in style but a new set is pricey. I cant think of something that looks super close to BBS LM's off the top of my head. You just missed these https://www.s2ki.com/forums/wheels-t...gered-1184007/ so there are more affordable sets out there just have to be patient and find the right deal. These would require a fender roll just to be clear. You may look at SSR wheels since they have a few that look sort of like the BBS's. Not exactly the same but close.
yea I’d prefer some that could just bolt on without any rolling of fenders. It’s seeming like those are few and far between. Hard to find a clean set of AP2v1 or v2’s as well.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Site Moderator

If you don't want to roll the fenders your going to have to do a lot more looking there isn't many wheels that come in the right specs (and really no LM reps I have ever seen that are even remotely close to fitting without fender work).
Old 05-08-2018, 04:58 AM

If you don't want to roll the fenders your going to have to do a lot more looking there isn't many wheels that come in the right specs (and really no LM reps I have ever seen that are even remotely close to fitting without fender work).
what about ap2v1 and ap2v2?

Quick Reply: Knowleadge on wheel fitment and tires?