Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little overwhelmed.....

Old 10-02-2012, 06:48 AM

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts
Default A little overwhelmed.....

Hi all, I'm really interested in getting some WORK Cr Kais for my new S, I'm just a tad overwhelmed by all the info and everything that is needed to pick the right wheels with correct offset etc. Right now I have stock everything and what I'd like to do is keep everything stock and just swap in the new wheels, what is the best combo of wheel size and offset to get for what I want to do?

Thanks,
Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maranelloboy05
Hi all, I'm really interested in getting some WORK Cr Kais for my new S, I'm just a tad overwhelmed by all the info and everything that is needed to pick the right wheels with correct offset etc. Right now I have stock everything and what I'd like to do is keep everything stock and just swap in the new wheels, what is the best combo of wheel size and offset to get for what I want to do?

Thanks,
I'm by no means an expert, but I will try to help out. A sponsor on this site had CR Kais made in S2K friendly offsets. I think it was LSD Motorsports. Depending on the setup, they offered 17x9 at +44 and 17x8 at +42. Depending on how low you are, these MAY be able to fit without modification. If you plan on lowering, you should look into fender rolling (which really isn't a big deal if someone knows what they're doing) and tab relocation, etc. With the CR Kai, you need a lower offset to get that "concave" look. The 17x9 +44 is concave but the 17x8 +42 is not (because it's a narrower wheel). If you like the staggered setup, that will work our you can just do the 17x9 all around.

Not even sure if these offsets are still available so you'll have to contact the vendor. The +40's offsets give a nice aggressive look usually without mutilating your fenders and preserving handling. If you don't want to do anything at all to your fenders, you should probably look at wheel with higher than +50 offsets. Hope this helps.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 AM

That's very helpful, thank you. I think it will look great lowered and I wouldn't mind dropping mine a bit, but I simply can't, I scrape (minimally) on my driveway at stock height so I can only imagine what I'd do once lowered.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by rosario717
Originally Posted by maranelloboy05' timestamp='1349195666' post='22052837
That's very helpful, thank you. I think it will look great lowered and I wouldn't mind dropping mine a bit, but I simply can't, I scrape (minimally) on my driveway at stock height so I can only imagine what I'd do once lowered.

Funny thing is I used to scrape occassionally with my oem lip with a carbon splitter but never have with the crlip with the sfactors steel splitter.. If i lower it it will be an inch or so just for looks > I dont like the slammed hellaflush look at all cause i dont want to worry about bottoming out anywhere and have to change my driving habits due to that..
Can you pull into your driveway at an angle or something else?
I completely agree, I wouldn't go more than an inch lower. I can get it to not scrape if I stop at a severe angle and then very slowly pull in and up the driveway. I've got a small drainage section that slopes down right in front of the driveway and then it starts to angle up as the driveway begins. If I had one of these I'd be fine, but I'd get a letter from the HOA within a day of putting it down, so no go there.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...ortby=ourPicks