Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lug nuts for TSW Nurburgring wheels

Old 11-27-2018, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lug nuts for TSW Nurburgring wheels

I did some searching but wasn't able to find my answer. Hopefully there are a few people who run TSW Nurburgring wheels that can chime in.

I've seen a few thread that recommend gorilla lug nuts or muteki lug nuts which are "spline drive"... I'm a little hesitant to go with these since they require a special socket to put on and remove... if it breaks while I'm at the track I would have to find another "special socket" which nobody may have. However they are "small diameter" and should fit the TSW Nurburgrings with no problems.

I am now considering the SR48 lug nuts. I prefer these since I'll be able to use a standard 17mm socket and spare 17mms could easily be found in the paddock. However, I don't know if these are still considered "small diameter" and will fit the TSW Nurburgring wheels.

Does anyone know if the SR48 lug nuts fit the TSW Nurburgring wheels? Are there other lug nuts that have successfully been used on these wheels?
Old 11-28-2018, 05:00 AM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

So I don't have any comments specifically on the SR48 lug nuts, but I've been running the Muteki spline drive lug nuts at the track for a few years, and have never broken one of the sockets. I typically replace the lug nuts once a year, and now have 3 sets of the "special socket" so don't have the same concern of not having one around when I need it, I keep one at home in my tool cabinet, one in the car, and the last one in the tool bag that I take with me each track day.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:24 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

The SR48 lugs are not small diameter from my experience though what each wheel company considers small diameter seems to be a little different.

Are these the ones you are talking about with the special socket?
Amazon Amazon
If so that is the most common "lock" socket out there and I think this is a replacement (I am sure you can buy one directly from muteki as well)
Amazon Amazon

You could always buy 2 sets of the lugs and then you have 2 keys since the key isn't unique in any way. Hell I may have a few of these keys floating around my garage as well that I can send you.