Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > Wheels and Tires by The Tire Rack
Reload this Page >

More confused the more I read. Can I get your opinion on this wheel setup?

Notices
Wheels and Tires by The Tire Rack Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:

More confused the more I read. Can I get your opinion on this wheel setup?

 
Old 03-09-2019, 11:31 PM
  #11  
 
dc2-2-ap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Factory widths are fine with those specs (215/40/18 & 245/35/18). That will give a very good look. Those sizes will get you as close to flush with the fenders without modifications as you can get. You will rub if you go wider tire in the rear. My track wheels are 17x8.5+49 and they are fine with a 245/40/17 tire (no modifications in the rear).
dc2-2-ap1 is offline  
Old 03-11-2019, 04:31 AM
  #12  
 
Carbon Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CA, San Diego,
Posts: 4,170
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1 View Post
Factory widths are fine with those specs (215/40/18 & 245/35/18). That will give a very good look. Those sizes will get you as close to flush with the fenders without modifications as you can get. You will rub if you go wider tire in the rear. My track wheels are 17x8.5+49 and they are fine with a 245/40/17 tire (no modifications in the rear).
interested in what kind of track wheels you have and what you run in the front? ssr type c?
Carbon Blue is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 08:35 PM
  #13  
 
dc2-2-ap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Carbon Blue View Post
interested in what kind of track wheels you have and what you run in the front? ssr type c?
yes, my track set is 17x8.5+49 square with 245/40/17 (f & r). I also have a street set that have made a few track appearances, which are 17x9+55 (f) & 17x9.5+65 (r) with a 255/40/17 square setup on those. Both sets are SSR Type C RS. Only reason the skinnier setup is the track setup is because the paint isn't the best. I will eventually repainted them and use the wider set for track.
dc2-2-ap1 is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 04:51 AM
  #14  
 
fastb4ck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 99
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Advan seems to be the one of the only companies that makes proper s2000 sizes

Get some 17x8 +54 fronts and 17x9 +63 rears
fastb4ck is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 06:52 AM
  #15  
 
Carbon Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CA, San Diego,
Posts: 4,170
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dc2-2-ap1 View Post

yes, my track set is 17x8.5+49 square with 245/40/17 (f & r). I also have a street set that have made a few track appearances, which are 17x9+55 (f) & 17x9.5+65 (r) with a 255/40/17 square setup on those. Both sets are SSR Type C RS. Only reason the skinnier setup is the track setup is because the paint isn't the best. I will eventually repainted them and use the wider set for track.


rare set of wheels and sizes! Wish I found those..you wouldnt happen to know if they have any clearance to fit a bbk would you? Are your fronts rolled to fit the 245s?
Carbon Blue is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:53 AM
  #16  
 
dc2-2-ap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Carbon Blue View Post
rare set of wheels and sizes! Wish I found those..you wouldnt happen to know if they have any clearance to fit a bbk would you? Are your fronts rolled to fit the 245s?
I believe the 17x8.5+49 and 17x9+55 both will. They both clear Spoon calipers, but I haven't tried them with other kits that generally space the caliper farther out. I only trimmed the fender liner and pushed the fender liner tabs up. No actual roll or change in exterior fender dimensions. I did that originally for the 9+55.
dc2-2-ap1 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:58 AM
  #17  
 
dc2-2-ap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,325
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fastb4ck View Post
Advan seems to be the one of the only companies that makes proper s2000 sizes

Get some 17x8 +54 fronts and 17x9 +63 rears
Those are good sized.
The list of manufacturers used to be a lot longer. Volk, Advan, Enkei are some of the only ones that still make high offset wheels, Work and SSR used to make high offset, but they have phased them out of production.
dc2-2-ap1 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
ajracing
Wheels and Tires by The Tire Rack
9
10-26-2015 03:34 AM
frodier
Wheels and Tires by The Tire Rack
13
08-08-2014 04:17 AM
JustinC
Wheels and Tires by The Tire Rack
18
07-10-2012 06:38 PM
myclue
New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners
8
10-03-2010 07:07 PM
JerryX
Wheels and Tires by The Tire Rack
9
03-17-2007 03:53 PM


Quick Reply: More confused the more I read. Can I get your opinion on this wheel setup?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands