Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need tire advice for cool temps

Old 10-27-2018, 04:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the advice. All seasons are now off the list (never should have been there). I'm going to have 5 months to over-think this decision while the S2 is in storage.

Finally found the secret compartment this weekend after a Youtube search. It contained the owner manuals!
Old 10-27-2018, 05:15 PM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Its fun to gradually make the S your own. Its a great car you have. Take your time and make the best of it!
Old 10-28-2018, 05:50 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

I found my owner's manuals in the same place some time after acquiring the car! I found a PDF copy on line (direct from Honda) and keep a copy on my PC. Note there is a link to the 2000-2008 Service Manual posted here that you will find extremely helpful especially since it's searchable PDF file. I have the OEM paper manual but it's not indexed.

-- Chuck
Old 10-28-2018, 08:05 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

I have a friend who likes using less grippy tires to make it easier to slide around a bit on the street without driving at insane speeds. Just sayin'. I would not necessarily take high quality all season tires off the table entirely. I'm driving on a set right now and they are great tires.

My experience has been that after a couple of years of doing all my own basic maintenance, including fluids and valve adjustments and clutch adjustments etc., and reading a lot in these pages, and also after driving the car for about 35K miles, I have slowly made it my own. I drive it intuitively. I rev match by ear, I don't look at the tach. I have an instinctive feeling about what gear to be in in every situation. I have learned to drive the car at higher rpms. I hear every little sound and feel every vibration. It is so much fun. I feel very fortunate that I have the resources to own this car and that I landed on exactly the right car for me. I love it so much I bought a second one to keep in moth balls until I retire and in case something happens to the one I drive almost every day in the summer. My wife thinks I'm crazy. But, she is a tolerant soul and the truth is she enjoys our summer evening rides with the top down a great deal. Makes us feel young again. Also, we are good friends with several local couples who have also re-discovered roadsters at the same time that we did, and we enjoy an occasional group drive to dinner, that sort of thing. This car has enriched our lives for sure.

Last edited by rpg51; 10-28-2018 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:06 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by rpg51
I have a friend who likes using less grippy tires to make it easier to slide around a bit on the street without driving at insane speeds. Just sayin'. I would not necessarily take high quality all season tires off the table entirely. I'm driving on a set right now and they are great tires.

My experience has been that after a couple of years of doing all my own basic maintenance, including fluids and valve adjustments and clutch adjustments etc., and reading a lot in these pages, and also after driving the car for about 35K miles, I have slowly made it my own. I drive it intuitively. I rev match by ear, I don't look at the tach. I have an instinctive feeling about what gear to be in in every situation. I have learned to drive the car at higher rpms. I hear every little sound and feel every vibration. It is so much fun. I feel very fortunate that I have the resources to own this car and that I landed on exactly the right car for me. I love it so much I bought a second one to keep in moth balls until I retire and in case something happens to the one I drive almost every day in the summer. My wife thinks I'm crazy. But, she is a tolerant soul and the truth is she enjoys our summer evening rides with the top down a great deal. Makes us feel young again. Also, we are good friends with several local couples who have also re-discovered roadsters at the same time that we did, and we enjoy an occasional group drive to dinner, that sort of thing. This car has enriched our lives for sure.

I can relate. "S2000, the car that enriches lives"