Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prodrive GC-07c Center Caps in British Black

Old 08-14-2018, 08:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Same thing happened to me recently. Thanks for posting your findings from rhdjapan.com. What exactly did you end up modifying in order to fit the center cap?

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing
Well I go to order the part from RHJDM, and in the time I went to order and pay, the Metal Silver part was out of stock. I ended up getting another British Black, and will try and paint them the correct color.

Yeah, the metal backing plate is really tight, but the glue holding the metal backing plate and the plastic cap is not. That's the part that fell off.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:04 AM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by tekstar
Same thing happened to me recently. Thanks for posting your findings from rhdjapan.com. What exactly did you end up modifying in order to fit the center cap?
No problem. I had to cut the lip around the back of the center cap so that it was able to seat itself at the correct depth. I then epoxied that new cap to the old retaining clip. Minus the slight paint difference, you'd not know the difference unless you compared them up close.
Old 03-09-2021, 09:21 AM

Bumping my own post, but has anyone found any actual reproductions of the center caps?
Old 03-10-2021, 08:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I ended up ordering center caps through yahoo japan auctions via nengun (https://www.nengun.com/auction/search)
Old 04-29-2022, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by tekstar
I ended up ordering center caps through yahoo japan auctions via nengun (https://www.nengun.com/auction/search)
Thanks. I keep looking, but they don't currently have one. Anyone find any reproductions?

Also, does anyone have a paint code for metal silver?
Old 05-01-2022, 11:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the same two questions as you.. where can I get center caps and what's the paint code for metal silver haha!
Old 05-02-2022, 08:41 AM

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts

I've had a few sets of gc-07c's and the center caps have either flown off during a drive or even while washing the wheels. The double sided tape which holds the outer piece to the inner ones degrades over time and looses its holding power. I saw a few used sets on yahoo japan but it made no sense to pay $200+ for 20 year old caps which were going to fly off as well.

As I had a bunch of inner pieces, I made some outer pieces from fiberglass and attached them with double sided tape. Here are some pics if anyone wants to make something similar.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by fnee
I have the same two questions as you.. where can I get center caps and what's the paint code for metal silver haha!
Sad to know there's someone else in the same predicament.

Originally Posted by Orjinal
I've had a few sets of gc-07c's and the center caps have either flown off during a drive or even while washing the wheels. The double sided tape which holds the outer piece to the inner ones degrades over time and looses its holding power. I saw a few used sets on yahoo japan but it made no sense to pay $200+ for 20 year old caps which were going to fly off as well.

As I had a bunch of inner pieces, I made some outer pieces from fiberglass and attached them with double sided tape. Here are some pics if anyone wants to make something similar.

We have chatted in the past about this, and I appreciate your input in the thread - very helpful! I need to do this for the time being as I've been driving around with no center caps on one side, as it looks weird missing just one cap. What color did you paint it to match the wheel? Or did you paint both wheel and cap at the same time? What kind of fiberglass did you use and did you just cut them to fit?
Old 05-04-2022, 07:41 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a set that I'm stripping to bare metal, and was wondering which shade of silver to paint them in to match apex blue.

Silverstone might be a little dark, so I'm leaning towards serbing (hoping it's close to Metal Silver). Any suggestion?
Old 05-04-2022, 01:54 PM

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing
We have chatted in the past about this, and I appreciate your input in the thread - very helpful! I need to do this for the time being as I've been driving around with no center caps on one side, as it looks weird missing just one cap. What color did you paint it to match the wheel? Or did you paint both wheel and cap at the same time? What kind of fiberglass did you use and did you just cut them to fit?
I painted both the wheel and the cap a Rustoleum color called gunmetal gray, out of a rattle can

For the fiberglass, I did two layers of chopped strand mat with polyester resin over a flat surface and waited for it to cure. Once it was cured, I cut out circles matching the size of the center cap using a hole saw. It then required minor sanding and surface prep for paint.

Last edited by Orjinal; 05-04-2022 at 01:58 PM.