Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebarreling stock AP2V1 rims?

Old 02-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Meh I love it. Over the top but then so is the entire car. Did you spot the 2 intercoolers in back?
Old 02-16-2013, 02:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info everyone. That NSX does look good but a but too flashy IMO.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

"Q: Can I widen to both the fron and back of my wheel? A: No. Wheels are either front mount or reverse mount wheels, meaning if we widen to both sides you will be unable to have a tire mounted on the rim. We can always widen to the inside of a wheel. We cannot always add width to the front/face of your rims. For questions regarding widening to the front please contact James at james@weldcraftwheels.com and include wheels in the subject line."
It's possible.... LOL
Old 02-16-2013, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
"Q: Can I widen to both the fron and back of my wheel? A: No. Wheels are either front mount or reverse mount wheels, meaning if we widen to both sides you will be unable to have a tire mounted on the rim. We can always widen to the inside of a wheel. We cannot always add width to the front/face of your rims. For questions regarding widening to the front please contact James at james@weldcraftwheels.com and include wheels in the subject line."
It's possible.... LOL
Hmm... does anybody know what kind of clearences are to the inside of the rim?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by baZurk
Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1361058314' post='22342594
It's possible.... LOL
I could give you a pretty close estimate, but your better off getting under your car and measuring yourself. I wouldnt trust what anyone says with such a big investment anyway. When you start getting into custom modding like this, In my experience your covering your ass this way, and even then it can be a bit of a risk/gamble if your getting right up to max and trying to account for different tire manufacture width that you have no reference to in person.

You have at least 1" you can safely add to the inside, giving you a 9.5" wheel that will better maximize the footprint on a 255. Beyond that, as mentioned you should get under the car and measure. You can add more widening room by adding a spacer. Remember camber and suspension movement takes up room, so consider for this as well.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by baZurk' timestamp='1361058629' post='22342602
[quote name='JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1361058314' post='22342594']
It's possible.... LOL
I could give you a pretty close estimate, but your better off getting under your car and measuring yourself. I wouldnt trust what anyone says with such a big investment anyway. When you start getting into custom modding like this, In my experience your covering your ass this way, and even then it can be a bit of a risk/gamble if your getting right up to max and trying to account for different tire manufacture width that you have no reference to in person.

You have at least 1" you can safely add to the inside, giving you a 9.5" wheel that will better maximize the footprint on a 255. Beyond that, as mentioned you should get under the car and measure. You can add more widening room by adding a spacer. Remember camber and suspension movement takes up room, so consider for this as well.
[/quote]

Right of course. I was just looking for a ball park measurement. And I figured I could add a spacer too with extended lugs and get a little more inside clearence.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics. If you decide to doit. Would look good

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by baZurk
Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1361148540' post='22344181
[quote name='baZurk' timestamp='1361058629' post='22342602']
It's possible.... LOL

[/quote]

Right of course. I was just looking for a ball park measurement. And I figured I could add a spacer too with extended lugs and get a little more inside clearence.
[/quote]

Replacing stock studs are a pain in the ass so just get spacers that have the studs in them already and leave oem alone. Id be nervous running longer studs anyway with the amount of forces applied. Just fyi, anything over 6mm you will need studs with. But if your into doing the typical fender modification, you can run about 25mm, which means at minimum adding 2" to the inside.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by baZurk' timestamp='1361150782' post='22344241
[quote name='s2000Junky' timestamp='1361148540' post='22344181']
[quote name='baZurk' timestamp='1361058629' post='22342602']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Replacing stock studs are a pain in the ass so just get spacers that have the studs in them already and leave oem alone. Id be nervous running longer studs anyway with the amount of forces applied. Just fyi, anything over 6mm you will need studs with. But if your into doing the typical fender modification, you can run about 25mm, which means at minimum adding 2" to the inside.
[/quote]

Right. I meant intergrated studs or whatever they are called. I will post up some pics if I decide to do this. Thanks for all the help. I would be totally lost if it wasn't for some of the people on this forum.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
So he modified a mugen wheel, then coated them in 24k gold??
Sounds kind of expensive LOL

Quick Reply: Rebarreling stock AP2V1 rims?