Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of eBay AP2V1 Wheels

Old 05-14-2018, 04:12 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

Lessdeth --

What wheels were on your car (which I assume is an '06 or later).

Ya need to reposition the center caps to avoid further embarrassment. "Everyone knows" the base of the H should point to the valve stem. Or so insists my tire/wheel guy who always has true exotics in the shop and made his crew dismount my wheels and reorient the caps. Heck, I didn't know.

-- Chuck
Old 05-14-2018, 06:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Lessdeth --

Ya need to reposition the center caps to avoid further embarrassment. "Everyone knows" the base of the H should point to the valve stem. Or so insists my tire/wheel guy who always has true exotics in the shop and made his crew dismount my wheels and reorient the caps. Heck, I didn't know.

-- Chuck
The original owner had AP1 wheels mounted on it. It is a 2006. Either he had bad curb damage and found a good deal on AP1s or he was trying to save weight. Regarding the center cap orientation, I mounted the first one randomly then set the others to match it based on valve stem orientation. At this point I would be extremely embarrassed if I actually obsess over the orientation and waste time removing and reinstalling
Old 05-14-2018, 05:13 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Lessdeth --

-- Chuck
My friend recently told me the "correct" way to position the center caps on a Porsche is to have the pointed end pointing to the valve stem. Lol!
Old 05-14-2018, 06:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I posted pics of the H facing the correct way, Lessdeth. I’m not sure what more I could have done for you lol

I knew better and didn’t want publicly flogged
Old 05-15-2018, 07:08 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by Brady936
I posted pics of the H facing the correct way, Lessdeth. I’m not sure what more I could have done for you lol

I knew better and didn’t want publicly flogged
I have studied your picture in great detail and have found your alignment is flawed. You need to remove the caps and rotate them counter clockwise 1.85 degrees. Being a little off in this case is way worse than being way off.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:51 PM

Took the plunge based on the OPs analysis i needed wheels as my S2000 came with these fake 18inch TE37s that were rubbing hard.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by lessdeth
I have studied your picture in great detail and have found your alignment is flawed. You need to remove the caps and rotate them counter clockwise 1.85 degrees. Being a little off in this case is way worse than being way off.
Bahahahaha. I’ll get right on it
Old 05-23-2018, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by cedrac18
Took the plunge based on the OPs analysis i needed wheels as my S2000 came with these fake 18inch TE37s that were rubbing hard.
Feel free to post your pictures and any deviations / confirmations from my info here. I want this thread to be a good resource for those that are interested in them by people who actually own them. Heresay is worthless. Good luck with your purchase. And for the love of God, don’t jack up the alignment of your caps like Lesdeth.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:00 PM

Default My wheels

Here are my wheels mounted with OEM center caps i was able to get from a seller from ebay. Last picture is how the car used to look.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:14 PM

Looks great Cedrac! Thoughts? How much were the caps and were they new or used? There are others out there that fit apparently. I think the newer CRV ones do but don’t quote me on it.

BTW, your caps are upside down lol

Quick Reply: Review of eBay AP2V1 Wheels