Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS... What are my options

Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Weasel497
I never said it was a good idea. I've done it in previous cars, and have had friends do the same without problems. I don't have to worry about it with my S as it's an 07.
Not specified towards you bro, my bad though
Just saying the TPMS pipe bomb is a waste of the TPMS function
you're gonna have the stupid light, might as well have the safety factor
Name:  bluethumb.gif
Views: 1225
Size:  400 Bytes
Old 11-30-2012, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No worries. I just meant that sometimes the sensors don't fit some aftermarket rims, so that's a way to turn the light off at least.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 5 cent solution.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

There is a lot of good information here.. thanks everyone for chiming in.

I am in the same boat as many of you...I hate the TPMS light... I have the TPMS in my OEM wheels and I use those wheels for the track so I'd like to keep them there. I have another set of brand new OEM TPMS that I was hoping to put on my CE28s. Here is my concern... Do I need to re-program them each time I swap out wheels? There is no universal way to do this? I think some of you made a good point.... if the stupid light is there, and it's a safety feature, why not have it work properly since it's there.

Maybe having two sets of TPMS isn't the way to go
Old 03-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Community Organizer

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Ok, you will have the same set-up I have. So right now my CE28 are programmed to the ECU and if I changed them back to my OEM wheels, light is going off. I bought a ATEQ quick-set tool and I am still testing it out. But with this tool, I should be able to switch back and forth from the 2 sets of wheels. Thinking of it as you have winter wheels and summer wheels for a car.

I got my CE28 at a good deal and I don't plan on getting rid of them, but if your the type of person that buys and sells wheels, then dont even bother putting in TPMS in the rims because it will just be a nightmare.

Let me know if you have any more questions as I went thru the whole thing.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:54 AM
Former Moderator

Thanks!
I use the OEM wheels probably 6 to 8 days (that's the plan) a summer for when I do track events. Since I don't have a trailer to haul the car, whenever I go somewhere, I have to drive. Some places are close by.. (2 hours).. some are much futher (5+). When I am driving around on those wheels, no problem.. the OEM TPMS are on them and I'm good.

When I'm on the CE28s, they don't have TPMS so about a few miles down the road, the light comes on. I use those wheels as my primary set of wheels (and I don't plan on swapping out anytime soon) so I'd like to have the ability to switch between the two.

Can you let me know how the ATEQ tool works out for you? Just to clarify.. this will work with 2 sets of OEM TPMS right? The ones I have in the OEM wheels are the ones that came with the car and I have a brand new set of TPMS in a box waiitng to go on the CE28s. I won't put them on though if this won't work...

Thanks again!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Community Organizer

Received 663 Likes on 417 Posts

After reading this thread, I'm not sure if the pipe bomb method works or not. I want to get rid of the light, but have no desire to spend $160 on new sensors. I just want the light off.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Former Moderator

Based on other peoples experience, it sounds like the pipe bomb method does not work on s2000s
Old 03-26-2013, 04:06 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by goldenfri
After reading this thread, I'm not sure if the pipe bomb method works or not. I want to get rid of the light, but have no desire to spend $160 on new sensors. I just want the light off.
From doing some more research online, it seems the S2000 sensors are rotational sensors. They don't activate until they sense movement. I guess this saves battery life. And the reason why the TPMS pipe bomb trick doesn't work.

Glad to see this thread get stickied! My light finally came on after having CR wheels installed with different TPMS sensors, never had them programed. Took about 100 miles for the light to come on. All my drives were very short though. I'm about to put on some CE28s, but I don't feel like pulling the tires to install TPMS sensors. Honestly, part of me just wants to pull the cluster out and yank that bulb out.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:57 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by FISH22
Glad to see this thread get stickied! My light finally came on after having CR wheels installed with different TPMS sensors, never had them programed. Took about 100 miles for the light to come on. All my drives were very short though. I'm about to put on some CE28s, but I don't feel like pulling the tires to install TPMS sensors. Honestly, part of me just wants to pull the cluster out and yank that bulb out.

that was my other thought but then again, in the unlikely event that I do have a tire issue, having the safety feature is a nice to have... it's like VSA.. i don't want it there all the time but in the event I'm slipping (and not intentionally), I like having it there.. it's a safety feature that the car comes with.. I'd like to utilize it...

Quick Reply: TPMS... What are my options