Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS... What are my options

Old 04-16-2013, 06:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this TPMS is soooo annoying.

so the s2000 doesn't re-learn itself if i was to purchase another set of TPMS in my aftermarket wheels?

i think my 13 RDX relearns itself with new sensors....but not the s2k unless i buy one of those programming machines....guess i will just have to drive with the light on
Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RylisPro
Here are my thoughts on the TPMS:
Keep them functional because I have gotten a slow leak before and the TPMS saved me from driving really far from home with a nail in my tire

if you take the sensors out the TMPS light will be off at first but come on when you have driven for about 20 miles and stay on
also if your tire pressure drops to about 26 psi the TMPS light will come on

THE best TPMS sensor for 08-09 S2000 is the VDO Redi-sensor part number SE10002 only about $40 each
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I have confirmed that this sensor works flawlessly with the S2000 TPMS

High OEM quality aluminum stem construction, way less than Honda sensors, multi-angled so they fit many wheels, very lightweight and easy to program.
They just work. I put the same exact sensors in my Volk C345UL's

MAKE SURE to torque them down to only 71 INCH LBS.!!!!

I do have a professional TPMS programmer the ATEQ-VT55 which is $$$$ but any good tire shop can program them for a $$ fee

Once programmed the TPMS light will stay lit but just drive around to 30 mph and it will turn off.

VSA will engage even with the TPMS light on

TPMS pipe bomb for the S2000 is a dumb idea and waste of money
I appreciate this thread as I'm going to go with your solution. One question I have is that I would have to reprogram the sensors when switching wheels? If so how much is the tool you spoke about? Is it easy enough to use?

I plan on switching wheels from daily to track days/spirited S2ki drives. I don't want to always pay someone to reprogram.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are not really re-programming the sensors, you are actually re-programming the ECU that reads the sensors but, to answer your question
Yes, you would have to reprogram each time you switch wheels if you want to keep the TPMS functional.

If you look at my sig and click on the "TPMS" link you can see the tool I use its and ATEQ-VT55 and costs like $900 bucks!

jlozano180 may have had some luck with the ATEQ Quick-Set tool which is cheaper
but I know for a fact the VT55 works
Name:  bluethumb.gif
Views: 725
Size:  400 Bytes
Old 04-29-2013, 08:41 PM

Thank you.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by RylisPro
You are not really re-programming the sensors, you are actually re-programming the ECU that reads the sensors but, to answer your question
Yes, you would have to reprogram each time you switch wheels if you want to keep the TPMS functional.

If you look at my sig and click on the "TPMS" link you can see the tool I use its and ATEQ-VT55 and costs like $900 bucks!

jlozano180 may have had some luck with the ATEQ Quick-Set tool which is cheaper
but I know for a fact the VT55 works
Ordered the REDI sensors and the ATEQ OBDII quick reset tool. Thanks for your advise. Will let folks know how things work out. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^ s2k4life_az - How much did the ATEQ OBDII quick reset tool cost you?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:23 AM

149.00 through Amazon.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just saw your post. That sounds like a pretty good deal. How did things work out for you?
Old 06-25-2013, 05:06 PM

Will install an reprogram in About 2 weeks. Will update.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:56 PM

It all works!

I finally got everything done including switching TPMS sensor ID's on my new Advan RG-D wheels with new sensors. If anyone's interested let me know if you have questions. Here's what I purchased and how to switch between ID's.

I purchased 4 VDO REDI (part# SE10002) sensors for about $32 a piece on Amazon. They come complete with embedded sensor ID's that are compatible with many Asian vehicles including the S2000. No reprogramming is needed for the sensors. I also purchased the ATEQ Quick Reset tool from Amazon for $150. It allows you to download and upload sensor ID's from your ECU through the OBD II port. It comes with software and all the cables needed to reset your sensor ID's when switching between wheels. The software lets you save 2 sets of ID's for multiple cars.

Procedure:
1. Download your OEM sensor ID's from the ECU using the OBD II reset tool. Save them on your PC using the software application provided. Designate whether you want them saved as winter or summer. NOTE: Software will have to be downloaded and driver installed on your before you get started.
2. Mount your new wheels with new REDI sensors as normal. Have the tire shop Tech tighten sensors to required torque.
3. Have tire shop Tech scan each tire/wheel at the valve for the new sensor ID's. Discount Tire does this for free as they have a more expensive tool that has the scanning capability. Avoid paying the dealership to do this. You only have to have them do this once. I also recommend having the Tech write each 8 digit ID down for you just in case you need to manually enter them in to your PC later.
4. Have tire shop Tech upload the new ID's to your ECU. Their tool can accomplish this quickly. Once programmed, disconnect from OBD II connection and dive off on a test drive. Within a few hundred feet you should see the light disappear.
5. Come home and upload the new ID's using the quick reset tool or type them in to your PC. Now you have both sets of sensor ID's on your PC designated as either winter or summer ID's. You can now download your ID's as you switch out your set of wheels.

The tool is easy to use and the software is a no brainer. I did have to download a driver from their site that worked with Windows 8. I found one that was being used in their higher end tools. So for a few hundred dollars you have no TPMS light on and the knowledge that the light will function properly as designed with your TPMS. It may sound costly but to me it's worth it given the expensive aftermarket wheels/tires on the CR. Plus I like to do things right!

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Quick Reply: TPMS... What are my options