Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wider fitments on stock fenders

Old 12-07-2011, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wider fitments on stock fenders

Hello,

I want to run a non staggered fitment on my car with un-rolled fenders. I have done some research, and have decided to go for the non staggered setup for the benefit of tire rotations and more firm steering in the front. The offsets required for this kind of setup seem to be very high, and I was wondering since I have a stock ride height with no plans to lower, would I be able to fit 245s all around with no rolling? Finding a high offset wheel is difficult, but if I could find say a 50-55 offset wheel, would I be on the cusp of fender rub? I was looking to go for a bronze color look on the wheels, but was interested by some people who fit ap2v1 rears all around with the hubspaces bored out. Would that setup work without fender roll?

Thanks for any replies and constructive advice.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TSW Nurburgring in bronze 17x9 +63 with 245/40/17 tires.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:39 PM

Those look nice. I think I've seen those on ebay. What about RPF1s? I like the way they look in gold. They have a 45 offset. Would I be able to run 9s or possibly 8.5s all around with 245s? Thanks for the help too.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:55 PM

Nope, not without rolling your fenders. If you aren't lowered you might be able to get away w it but I wouldnt recommend it.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Orange
Those look nice. I think I've seen those on ebay. What about RPF1s? I like the way they look in gold. They have a 45 offset. Would I be able to run 9s or possibly 8.5s all around with 245s? Thanks for the help too.
Right now I am on stock ride height with RPF1 17x9 +45's with Dunlop SS 255's (the widest of the 255's). It works but I have my fenders rolled fairly aggressive and I run SPC Ball joints for more -camber. Without the roll and camber it would never work.

IMO you should just roll your fenders.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by BirdShot
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange' timestamp='1323383989' post='21221956
Right now I am on stock ride height with RPF1 17x9 +45's with Dunlop SS 255's (the widest of the 255's). It works but I have my fenders rolled fairly aggressive and I run SPC Ball joints for more -camber. Without the roll and camber it would never work.

IMO you should just roll your fenders.
Well my cousin told me the same thing. Problem is, I really really don't like the idea of that for a multitude of reasons. Most of them involve reversibility. I want this modification to be reversible. If I rolled the fenders and decided to put the 16s back on for whatever reason, it would look silly. I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and spend the extra money on some higher offset wheels. I want more beef on the wheels, and I want tire rotations so that seems to be my only option given the constraints. Thanks everyone for the advice.

I promise this will be the last question, as I do not want to drift of topic. Given those TSW Nurburgring wheels, would I be able to fit 255s on them and still clear the fenders? If I exhaust all possible ends I suppose I will roll my fenders, but If you can understand, I'd like to avoid that.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:44 PM

Extra money? The tsws are cheaper than the rpf1s. I have seen them under $900 shipped. Are you absolutely set on bronze? There is the Enkei PF01 in matte black, silver, white w polished lip, and black w polishes lip in 17x9 +60 for about $1150 shipped. I think 255s would be pushing your luck a tad, but others may disagree.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resul...6&autoModClar=
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...=Car%2FMinivan

Any of those will work with 245 square and no fender mods and no rubbing.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by clarkster009
Extra money? The tsws are cheaper than the rpf1s. I have seen them under $900 shipped. Are you absolutely set on bronze? There is the Enkei PF01 in matte black, silver, white w polished lip, and black w polishes lip in 17x9 +60 for about $1150 shipped. I think 255s would be pushing your luck a tad, but others may disagree.
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but the cheapest I've seen the NSW wheels is 900ish. The RPF1s are going for around 900, but I've seen the odd used set. Don't like black or white wheels, and silver just looks a bit bland with Suzuka. This is all my opinions of course, I have seen cars that looked good with the aforementioned wheels. I'll shop around some more.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Orange
If I rolled the fenders and decided to put the 16s back on for whatever reason, it would look silly.
Were talking rolling the fenders, pulling them out is a different thing. Unless your looking inside your fender well you never know they are rolled and it would make no difference in appearance if you put 16's back on.

Quick Reply: Wider fitments on stock fenders