The Windy City - Off Topic A place to relax and unwind. Off topic section of the UMW.

What I did to my non-S2000 part deux

Old 05-17-2017, 08:00 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Pics? Details?

Don't leave us hanging.
2008 600rr, 7k on the odometer, mint condition.
Ended up getting some galfer rotors and ebc pads, phone charger unit, phone mount onto the triple tree, radiator guard, frame sliders, shorty levers.
Installed majority of the stuff this week. The other bike (1098s) is en route back from Cali to be sold to its new owner.

I don't have pics just yet, as I've been somewhat busy with work this week as it's reporting season.. but more than likely by this weekend or next week I should.

I've always named everything I owned after food (hence my signature). This bike is orange and I'm asian so hence "Orange Chicken".

The color wasn't my first choice but the deal was too good to pass up and it runs mechanically sound with maintenance up to date. It'll see some track time again for sure later this season.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:45 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,903 Posts

I like orange
Old 05-19-2017, 02:04 PM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

The thrill of a bike is amazing. I just wish I was responsible enough to not do anything stupid.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I noticed the outside of the front tires on the Snalibu were showing wear (like to the cords.) So I took it in for two new tires. We agreed it should get an alignment, but they don't do alignments. ;/ So I left to do other errands. About 30mins later, I got a tire pressure warning light, and it said the sensor was bad. ;/ No reading from the LF tire. A few days later, took it into a shop to get the alignment done. They took the car off the rack and told me they couldn't align the rear, and they couldn't tell me why they couldn't get the alignment to work correctly. :/ It was at the end of their day, so I had to leave. VERY annoyed. So I brought it back several days later and spoke to the manager. He talked to the tech, and they decided the only way to get rid of the negative camber in the rear was to replace the springs. At 78,000mi, and knowing how I've weighed down the trunk in the past (SCUBA tanks, luggage for 4, etc) I said ok. They ordered the springs for me as they didn't keep them in stock. This was on Saturday, they said they would get them Monday or Wednesday. No call on Monday, no call on Tuesday, no call on Wednesday. I went in there last night. No springs received. :/ They said they would get them today. Hopefully. Called just before lunch (as they still didn't call me.) And the springs DID come in. So I took it over and they completed the work. New rear springs, new rear shocks and another alignment. Now it's all in spec. Whew. What a PITA. In the midst of all this, I also went back to the tire shop, but got there 8min after they closed for the day. :/ So I went back the next saturday. They just had to activate the TPMS sensors with their tool to get the car to re-learn the sensors. :/ 5 min fix.

Lots of running around. Lots of frustration, but hopefully the car will be A-OK for another 78,000mi.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:30 AM

My right headlight was out on the Snalibu. Turns out, to replace the bulb the front bumper has to come off (at least partially) to pull the headlight housing out to replace the bulbs. You can't just access them from behind. LAME.
So I tried to replace all the bulbs. Turns out there are 4 in each headlight, I thought there were only 3. :/ Hopefully the little amber marker lights don't need to be replaced soon too.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:32 AM
Site Moderator

A lot of newer cars are doing that, it's stupid IMHO, it's just so you have to go to the dealer for a bulb replacement.

I worked on the S this weekend, removed the old fender liners (ordered new ones today) and raised the coils so I'm not scraping any more. I raised the car about 3/8" so we'll see once the new liners are on if that's enough or if it's needs to go up a bit more.

Looking forward to not scraping everywhere
Old 06-12-2017, 01:41 PM

I was running around on Sunday in the M. I stopped for some food, and when I left to go my next destination, the tire warning light was FLASHING. I was literally just going across the street, so I drove on it. I didn't notice anything odd about the ride quality. (No gauge in the car) I kicked the tires, and they all seemed solid. When I left there to go home, the light had gone off. But the low-fuel warning light was on. It was on the whole ride home, it claimed 45mi until I was out of gas. As I pulled into my driveway, it turned off and decided I had 55 more miles.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Site Moderator

BMW. It begins.

This is what happens when cars get paid off.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:45 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Eek.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:34 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Pictures? I used to be terribly against BMW's but they've lightly grown on me very recently.

Quick Reply: What I did to my non-S2000 part deux