S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

OFFICIAL "Budget" Mod Feedback Index

Old 12-26-2010, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFICIAL "Budget" Mod Feedback Index

This is an ongoing thread, please send me a PM if you would like to me to add something if i havent, or if you see something wrong. If you looked and found it helpful, please leave a lil in hopes for sticky!
This is Version 1.0
Version 2.0 will be more organized as far as how the products are displayed and organized. Also, some of the products are only displayed under the seller who is known for it, so although you may overlook it, it is there. Again this will change in 2.0
-Lets Get Started-

Dummies Version:
This thread is to remain as an OFFICIAL place for
1.OFFICIAL feedback on a product/dealer, not to comment or ask qeustions. Please refer back to Ebay Thread
2.Index of Reviews on Items
3.Index of Easy Alternatives - Such as Paint/Weatherstripping

Good Day fellow S2k enthusiasts!
All of us know that buying genuine parts for our car often costs alot more money than we really had intended to spend and this often leads to a good portion of owners searching for an alternative or replica. After being here for almost a year now and trying to MOD my car as properly as possible while staying within a budget, i decided to make an official thread with all feedback/reviews/comments about reliable places to get reliable parts. As a active poster on the "Ebay Thread" and buying a bunch of parts off ebay it's safe to say i have learned my lesson with crap parts as well. And thats why i decided to collaborate all the information in one place since 45+ pages are hard to search through. There is a fine line on what you can really buy as far as quality and functionality of the piece for what your paying for but this is NOT the thread to say anything negative about "knock off" parts just to contribute with -/+ feedback on dealers on Ebay, the more "unknown" websites, and alternate tricks than going to the Honda
¶ There are a bunch of people that have put thousands of dollars into their car and still run things they got on Ebay. For instance picking up a pair or springs on Ebay from a reputable buyer is pretty common. I even see people running 2.5k turbo systems or a ported engine with the good Ebay header, you just need to know which one it is.
¶ One of the most looked for pieces are often exterior body pieces. When it comes to these parts be very careful when purchasing and be ready receive them in condition that is not flush. It may be sent bent slightly chipped, scuffed or without proper mounting material etc. MOST of the time heating will be required to something simple like a front lip or rear spoiler. While 'cheaper' bumpers and fenders tend to fit so horrid, hours of heating often doesnt do the job. Be prepared to pick up some extra mounting material if you dont want disaster. Take the extra mile if your taking the cheaper route.

It does not take a genius to make some of these parts that cost hundreds of dollars. Their are countless posts on the Ebay Thread of people with a list of over 15 items they baught from there.

Here’s just one example of a member here with a pretty long list of Ebay products that he is very happy with; Click

On the other hand, ALOT of distributors sell their unsold/overstocked items on Ebay! Example right here on S2ki!

Just few things before we start...
•Don’t be afraid to ask / post what your planning to do. Trust me…it will save you time, money, and a few months of your life span due to frustration.
•I do not have links to ALL the original posts saying that the items have been bought and good / bad experiences. SO i am sorry for not giving all credit (thank you everyone) BUT i have double checked the information.
•Ebay Seller is listed with the item that received the good review, buy the rest at your discretion. I would hope it puts your mind to ease a little bit.
•Use common sense, chance’s are a replica of a $4,000 body kit priced at $600 on ebay…dont buy it expecting to do anything with it put put it in the trash or let it collect dust.
•A good way to find a ebay dealer is simply google "ebay 'username' " and it will take you to their store, than type in s2000 on their search.

And most importantly, please remember this thread is for

1.OFFICIAL feedback on a product/dealer, not to comment or ask qeustions. Please refer back to Ebay Thread
2.Index of Reviews on Items
3.Index of Easy Alternatives - Such as Paint/Weatherstripping

PART I - Seller Feedback
Good Seller List:
Lets start with something most people are looking for, a lip for your front bumper. Your best bet is going with Baysonr as he has a pretty good reputation, but not perfect. He has supplied a lot of the member here on the sight, he even practically has his own thread here.

Factory2All - Mugen Intake –Backyard Special Spoiler
Maple125 / ExtremeBrightLEDs.com - Lights
Medliand_JP - R&D X-Brace
Unified Distribution -AP2 Mugen Splitter
4Caroption - Ebay Daul Exhaust
Topicker -Cabin Air Filter
Zarasgreeneyes - S Badges / S Wheel Center Caps
BCMoto - Pre Painted OEM Spoiler
DirectParts4u- Backyard Special Spoiler
SpeedHut- Daul Gauge Pillar
mywholesalegarage- CF Radiator Cooling Plate
Advanation-CF Radiator Cooling Plate
DPTmotorsport -Ebay Header
Traderightly - Lug Nuts for OEM Wheels Black – Good Review - Red – Bad Review
xespiderx - LED Fog Light Picture of Installed
Drautomotive - Coolant Overflow Catch Tank Can
Ezplus2003 - ‘Edge’ Ebay Header
Ixtab_imports OEM AP1 Lip
Overstockingsales -Megan Lowering Springs
TopGaitors - Shift boot / Hand break Colored Leather and Stitching - Picture #2
DNAMotorin -4 Point Roll Cage
Brakemotive76 - Rotors and Pads
BMWChopshop -Painted Spoilers
Optionselect -Wheel Spacers
Elitespoilers.com / Spoilerworks.com – When he finally received it he goes on to say “so don't ever buy from spoilerworks.com or elitespoilers.com. spoilerworks seems to buy their stuff from elitespoilers. either way fitment is crap. i wish i was 2/2 on replica parts but now i'm 0/2.”
SlipstreamAutosport This guy has mixed reviews, id say about 60% of his products don’t fit but he does respond and will send new item at the cost of shipping.
Discounted-Parts
4-Online
Old 12-26-2010, 09:29 AM

___PART II - Index of Items____
Good Product Notice or Reviews

Ebay Dual Exhaust Full Review

Ebay Turbo Review Second Time Around

Single Exhaust on AP1 - Single Exhaust on AP2

Ebay Header Full Review

‘Edge’ Ebay Header

4 Point Roll Cage –Not Track Certified- Pictures of Installed

Ebay Hood Dampers - Ebay Hood Dampers /Sokie Tech Full Review (Good Feedback) ---- Negative Feedback

CF Radiator Cooling Plate

Lugnuts for OEM Wheels - Full Review

LED Fog Light Picture of Installed

Backyard Special Spoiler Full Review

AP2 Mugen Splitter

OEM AP1 Lip

OBX Strut Bar Full Review

Kevlar Spark Plug Cover Review/ Ebay Oil Cap

Shift boot / Hand break Colored Leather and Stitching Picture #2

$20 Oil Catch CanEbay Oil Catch Can Mounted

S Badges / S Wheel Center Caps

Cabin Air Filter Replacement

Daul Gauge Pillar

Megan Coilovers

3M Double Sided Dry Carbon Fiber Here’s another shot

Ipod Integration - Here’s a shot

Stubby/Short Antennae’s

Megan Lowering Springs

Ebay Test Pipe

Drilled and Slotted Rotors w/ Ceramic Break Pads – Full Review

Wheel Spacers

F1 Stage 2 Clutch Kit and Flywheel Full Review

‘Top Speed’ Lower X Brace

Front Lower Arm Bar and Rear Lower Arm Bar from [b]Racinghouse

Here’s some great info if you want to do some real digging on which Lower X Brace setup is best for you;
Weight Info and Design Info

Ebay Short Ram Intake Some say its fine, I wouldn’t even waste my money. In my opinion, anyone who loves their s2k, would be crazy to get that. Wont even waste my time giving you reviews for this product. Some other opinions, scroll down
Old 12-26-2010, 09:30 AM

____Part III - Easy Alternatives_____
Paint / Maintenance / Alternatives

Easy Durable Paint for Badge’s or Lugs – Big thanks to Shuluke!

Weatherstripping- Honda Parts Code
08F03-SHJ-1100D Black Molding
08F03-SHJ-1200D Gray Molding
Originally Posted by Nu4mulared
“Go to Home Depot and get black Irriagation hose. It’s 5$ for 50ft. Split it down the middle and slap it on with no glue...Heres a picture of it around the EK fogs and frontlip...I think for 5 bucks...its worth it! No glue needed...lol”
Ap2 Fog Lights - Done Differently Thanks K LO QUE this is a really great addition.

Contributors: I was thinking of naming them all but that would be impossible, and its really a group effort, so thanks to everyone who helped, and thanks s2ki for bringing us all together.

Enjoy!
Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Great thread!
Old 12-31-2010, 09:08 PM

Awesome thread. Thanks for putting this together.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by it'S2klean,Dec 26 2010, 10:29 AM
Decided to finally make its on thread. Im about 75% done with everything thats already posted but this will be an ever going thread, with this first post being edited.
How are you handling conflicting information being submitted?
Old 01-01-2011, 12:43 PM

I post all dealers that have had some good products and some not with an estimated rating, for instance Baysonr is 7/10 and I'd you guys have a bad experience with a seller please let me know
Old 01-01-2011, 03:03 PM

Thread WIN!!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:33 AM

awesome. thanks!
Old 01-02-2011, 03:45 PM

Thanks very much guys. I am taking a new year break, I havent gone to sleep before 7 am for the past 4 days so I did not make any progress. But I will hopefully have it done (with the info I already have as this will be ever growing) by the end of this week.

I'm also going to start putting some DIY which are not on the official DIY sticky such as mulderizing ap1 side diffusers, turning your exhaust tip blue, etc.
Any ofcourse any other suggestions, reviews, eBay seller knowledge or a site review please send me a PM or post it on orginial eBay thread and I'll be sure to move it in here.