New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

TRACK DAYS AT Watkins Glen (July 8 & 9) with SCDA

Old 04-11-2013, 08:44 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

Received 158 Likes on 147 Posts
Default TRACK DAYS AT Watkins Glen (July 8 & 9) with SCDA

GO HERE FOR PICS AND VIDEO FROM THE EVENT: https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/101.../page__st__250

SCDA is conducting a track day at Watkins Glen on July 8th and 9th.

Featured Marque for the event is Chevrolet, however SCDA has offered S2000 owners the following proposal.

- SCDA will provide a discount on the 1 day event. Regular price is $295. Signing up as part of the group, the price is $265.50. No early-bird discount is available if signing up for one day only.
- SCDA will also provide a discount for those signing up for 2 days. Regular price is $545. With the discount it will be $490.50
- Two hours of track time per day (four 30 minute sessions) provided conditions allow for it
- Classroom instruction for Track day rookies
- In-car instructor for all rookie participants and others in the Novice class
- Although SCDA says their website requires a rollbar, they do allow the S2000 in stock trim to participate. I have in the past as have several others.

SCDA is offering early-bird pricing on the two-day event only at this time. However the deadline for that price is May 8. If you decide to go with the group, then you have the benefit of an extended deadline by when you can pay and also receive the 10% discount.

Details are as follows:
- A minimum of 5 S2000 owners must be part of the group in order to receive the discount. If we can't get 5, then SCDA will not be able to offer us the discount.
- If you are interested, please post here and separately via PM send me your
1) Full Name
2) E-mail Address
3) Phone Number
- SCDA will need the above to raise a single invoice to all of us. The discounted rate is available to us only if we make one lump-sum payment and I will collect the funds from all interested S2000 owners (Details on how will follow).
- All PM's received by the May 5th, 2013 will be added to a list and referred to SCDA so that they can invoice us.
- Once SCDA has raised the invoice, all payments (in full) must be made to me by June 10th, following which I will send SCDA a bankers check for our entries.
- Any and all cancellations after payment has been made will have to be dealt with directly with SCDA. The SCDA cancellation Policy is as follows:
Cancellation Policy: All SCDA events are offered on a first come, first served basis. Our events run rain or shine. There will be a $25 processing fee for any entry that is refunded. Cancellations within two weeks of the event date forfeit half the total amount. No shows on the day of the event, as well as cancellations within one week of the event date forfeit the total amount. No refunds will be issued, and events are not transferable.

PLEASE NOTE: I am in no way affiliated with SCDA nor am I the recipient of any cash or reward from them. I am just a track day enthusiast that would like to see a big group of S2000s hitting the track.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:08 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

LIST OF WHO's IN:

- A 2 (Intermediate) 2 days
- Mongo84 (Novice) 2 days
- PGSS2k (Advanced) 2 days
- chrisaltima (Novice) 1 day (Monday)
- NH_S2K_Guy (Intermediate) 2 days
- blueosprey90 (Intermediate) 2 Days
- BM612 (Novice) 1 Day (Tuesday)
- Shiv (Intermediate) 2 days
- NoDelta (Novice) 2 days
Old 04-11-2013, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In! PM sent
Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am in.(2 days)
Does anybody want to share a room? I have a long trip there and home. I would be looking at arriving late Sunday night, and I will spend Tuesday night too just because I am usually bushed after the second day on track and don't want to start the long drive back. Usually stay at the Falls Motel but open to suggestions, or offers of a couch nearby!
Greg G may be there but he may be instructing so not going to help with the paying quota.
PM to follow
PS I have been advanced with SCDA for 3-4 seasons now
Old 04-11-2013, 02:01 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

It appears the wine festival is going to be held July 12-14
http://www.theglen.com/articles/2012/07/07272012.aspx

That is good for us as it will mean that garages should be available.

EDIT: Paul, it looks like Mike (Mongo) will be travelling nearly the same distance as you. Perhaps you guys could share a room. The Budget Inn is where I've stayed when going on track at WGI
Old 04-11-2013, 02:20 PM
A 2
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by A 2
- SCDA will provide a discount on the 1 day event. Regular price is $295. Signing up as part of the group, the price is $265.50. No early-bird discount is available if signing up for one day only.
I really hope some of you guys will at least come out for 1 day. It will be a lot of fun and 2 hours of time on track which is equivalent to a race duration is a good deal. I hope those on the fence will consider at least coming for 1 day.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:51 PM

FWIW last year with the BMW guys at a 2 day event I put a total of 380 track miles on.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by A 2
It appears the wine festival is going to be held July 12-14
http://www.theglen.com/articles/2012/07/07272012.aspx

That is good for us as it will mean that garages should be available.

EDIT: Paul, it looks like Mike (Mongo) will be travelling nearly the same distance as you. Perhaps you guys could share a room. The Budget Inn is where I've stayed when going on track at WGI
I think that the garage areas are down the week before and after the wine festival. Don't quote me on that, but I think that is what I remember from past events there.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:14 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Paul,

You will probably travel the farthest distance to get there but you can vouch for the quality of track time and the thrill of driving Watkins. I have done this summer event with SCDA every year that I have been doing HPDE and it is one of my favorite summer events. You are correct, there is a wine festival that happens during this time frame and the garages have never been available, an Easyup is a necessary item for shade.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 AM
A 2
Former Moderator

^ Greg - thanks for chiming in. Anyone that has run with SCDA in the past knows they offer plenty of track time.

Quick Reply: TRACK DAYS AT Watkins Glen (July 8 & 9) with SCDA