Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Juntsky's Widebody Amuse/ASM AP2 Build thread- @dundundunsky

Old 12-26-2013, 09:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Juntsky's Widebody Amuse/ASM AP2 Build thread- @dundundunsky

Table of Contents:
Page 1: Quick 1 history, fortune auto, amuse R1, quickly worsening aesthetic condition
Page 2: Legalo announcement
Page 3: Mugen, Js, beatrush, ASM parts hoarding
Page 4: Tragedy, and the bounce back. Legalo parts show up
Page 5, 6: Visits to Japan, ASM, Spoon Sports and Type One, and Powerhouse Amuse
Page 7: Bodywork begins on new car
Page 8: Legalo parts test fit
Page 9, 10: Wheel debate
Page 11: quarters almost finished

I've had my 08 s2k for a bit over a year now and it's been through a number of stages. Here's the progress so far

Pick up September 29, 2012-100% stock, save for a ratty straight pipe welded to the middle resonator straight back and the obvious color change to Brickyard Red.

Took it down to H2O that day to meet some friends and after a weekend with the car drove it from Long Island, to Ocean City, to Ohio.

Plastidipped the wheels black as my first ever "car mod" if you can call it that. Also replaced both rear SPC Ball joints with new ones.

plastidipped the wheels with pearlizer on top of the black and they had a blueish color to them that I liked a lot. Also picked up a 2x2 cf Forbidden top...sorry to down talk a vendor but my tops fitment was miserable and I ended up selling it after a week with it. If I do it again, i'm going with RSG. Authentic, or OEM. Also had a dual Invidia N1 and test pipe for a period of time but it got annoyingly loud so I put the rat pipe back on again.

I hated the AP2V1s so I sold them since I had bought Fifteen52 Tarmacs in 18x9.5. Sold those before I ever put them on. Bought some BBS Impuls that I loved, but ended up selling those before I ever put tires on those too lol. Ended up with some white AP2V2s for temp wheels while I waited for my Brada BR10s to be built. Also bought authentic CR lip and bumper to replace my damaged bumper and upgraded to stoptech slotted rotors, braided lines and pads.

Then I finally installed my Megan Track Coiloves and slammed the car for shits and giggles. Thanks to DougEFresh for helping with install and being there to laugh at how low it was.

CF ASM Duckbill replica (really solid fitment) and LowproAero side diffusers (fit well but warped so I sold those)

On my way to Import Alliance Spring meet, I picked up the first set of Brada wheels to ever be made.

Took it to SoWo to experience the greatest weekend of the year

Photoshoot in Charlotte area

How it sits currently, but raised a bit. I've since lowered it a bit again and added a Nardi 330mm Deep Corn wheel

The car is undergoing a heavy makeover this winter. The bottom of the car is very scraped up. Various bolts and the stiffener are in horrible shape so I've bought replacement bolts and stiffener, as well as a new tie rod to fix the bent front right.

I bought Fortune Auto 510s with 18k/16k swift springs which should be here in the next week or so. I'll have Circuit Garage parts coming in whenever they get sent out (Thanks for being such an awesome and easy guy to deal with Tsukubaspec) and I'm picking up an Amuse R1 bumper this Saturday. Fenders are getting replaced but I'm having trouble deciding if I want to widen Downforce fenders, wait to see if CG comes out with something or get aluminum flares for OEM fenders.

Also doing a full repaint which may take longer than I hope it does. Going to do all the prep work with a friend so I can make this a more personal build. Also have custom mirrors and single exhaust coming in and I'll be installing an AEM V2 when I change out the front bumpers. Stay tuned...
Old 12-27-2013, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice. will be following.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:29 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Keep up the good work.....
Old 12-30-2013, 07:53 PM

New coilovers came in. Doug helped with install again (seriously can't thank you enough) and first impressions are they're phenomenal. Have to get the ride height adjusted in the rear and maybe adjust the front but I'll have a mini write
up soon.

Also got to check out my new bumper. Considering putting it on on Thursday but I think I'm going to run around bumper less for a bit until I get a splitter to protect it
Old 01-02-2014, 08:24 PM

This beautiful piece is now mine. Combining this with a. S Factor splitter soon

Old 01-03-2014, 05:01 AM

omg dont change the color!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Another S~Factor splitter. Curious to see how it will fit. Ray does a wonderful job with splitters by the way.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by godfather2
omg dont change the color!
90% of it will be primer after the bodywork is done so why spend money to make it the same color? Change is good
Old 01-03-2014, 08:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No prob Kevin. Very impressed with the craftsmanship of FA.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:22 PM

Hoping to hear a review in person about the FAs. It's either those or PSS9s for me.

Quick Reply: Juntsky's Widebody Amuse/ASM AP2 Build thread- @dundundunsky