Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

s2k4life_az's Build

Old 01-07-2014, 04:43 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
Default s2k4life_az's Build

Inspired by so many on this forum, I decided to put up my build list and brief ownership history of my car. Ordered it in late summer 2007 and took delivery in Dec 2007. Didn't drive it much for the first 3 years due to a lot of traveling with my job. Most of 22K mileage was put on it the last 2 years after becoming more active with the local AZ chapter of S2Ki. I did not do any extensive except put 3M film on it when I bought it. Drove it stock for 3 years (as little as I did). It's always been garage kept so even the 3M film looks good so far. In 2011, I did my first mod by installing the K&N FIPK. Loved the sound and throttle response. For most of 2012, I just drove it more consistently and learned to enjoy the drives, meet new people through car meets and the S2000 community. I have to say that I'm very lucky to have found so many S owners that are knowledgeable, friendly, and giving of their time/expertise. The weather in AZ is fantastic so we all get out and go for drives, track days, and other events throughout the year. In late 2012, I decided I wanted learn how to become a better driver and experience the car at its limit on the track. Signed up through a deal offered by a local member for Pro Auto and the track bug started and hasn't let off. Earlier during that year I met adrs2k (Adam) as the other ABP CR owner in town. I was interested in building my CR into a more capable tack care but still maintaing the CR characteristics and a NA platform. We became friends and I tapped into his knowledge and experience. He even helped me with my suspension install and also provided some track day instruction. Other members such as HWY88, 1FastS2K, Feezy, sse2k, Boofster, BAWSS Fab, SOS, and Enjoy Racing all very helpful in choosing the right parts and components or helping me with the actual installation on specific items. All the mods listed were done in 2013 with the exception of the FIPK and 3M. It's good to have resources and friends when you run into problems with any build. I thank all of them for helping me. The last 2 years I've learned a lot from my local S community, the S2ki Forum and by working on my cars at home. The knowledge just grows and I'm humbled learning new things all the time. For now the CR is pretty much where I want it to be given my driving goals and needs, but I'm sure the moddfciations will continue in 2014 with a few other select parts. Many of the local members know my wife and she's always been very supportive. So a big thanks to her! She's the one in one of my track pics sitting next me enjoying the ride.

Build List (as of Dec 2013)

Early Days Pics

Dyno Day Pics

Select Modified Parts Pics

Track Pics

Pics by Boofster

Pics by adrs2k (AR Photography)

Home Sweet Home

Old 01-07-2014, 04:53 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Old 01-07-2014, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me, your car is my favorite S I have ever seen on this site period.
You did every thing tastefully.
You started with my favorite colored S made in my opinion and improved on it in the most tasteful manner while keeping it true CR.
I only hope you don't go too far with it.
I'm moving done to Fountain Hills in 2 1/2 years and can't wait to see it in person at one of the meet ups.
Congrats!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Another very clean and well done CR from AZ. The RG-D's look perfect
Old 01-07-2014, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ I agree.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:49 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks guys. I've tried to stay grounded in my original plan which is not to lose the characteristics of the CR model. I've only added parts that either make the car go faster, handle better, or brake smoother. My goal has always been to add parts that accent the natural athleticism and driving experience of the CR.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:14 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

wheels look great contrasting with the hardtop
Old 01-08-2014, 01:54 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Keep up the good work....
Old 01-08-2014, 05:17 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Good stuff! Always nice having another ABP CR around

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrs2k/9353277955/http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrs2k/9353277955/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/adrs2k/, on Flickr
Old 01-08-2014, 06:07 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

As everyone has said here great taste in additions and tuning. It reminds me very much of my own Mugen Civic build, maintaining the spirit of the original design while slightly improving upon what was already there. Love it!

Quick Reply: s2k4life_az's Build