S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

2000 Modifications and Maintenance

Old 05-23-2015, 04:30 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jezek
Originally Posted by Themikewoo' timestamp='1432355150' post='23622479
Why did you put it up for sale?
Same question. I appreciate how meticulous you are. Good stuff.

Originally Posted by Themikewoo
Why did you put it up for sale?

I'm almost done with my degree and once I finish, I'm moving. I felt the pressure from all of this happening plus I'll be moving far enough away to where I won't have access to a shop or lift anymore, so that also worried me. The more I test drove other cars, the more I loved mine. The night when I left the S on a lift and went home without it, all I wanted to do was drive it. Everything happens for a reason...
Old 06-26-2015, 06:38 PM

Did some soul searching and I know what I want now.

An 06+ GPW S2000.

In order for that to happen, I felt I should sell my current S before I bought the new one so I don't get lazy on myself with selling.

I posted the car back for sale, 3 f@#kING TIMES the buyers tried to get loans at the asking price I wanted and the banks wouldn't do it. So screw it. Let's go back to post #1 on this thread.

I've already sold the center console, bumper/lip/grille, exhaust. Put stock suspension back on it and aligned to factory spec. Stock wheels back on it. Refurbished stock AP1 console back in it. Blah blah blah. It's 99% stock now. The KWV3s and RPF1s are sitting in my room waiting for a buyer still... Hopefully they get sold soon. I have a lot of money tied up in them.

I'm feeling lazy so no pictures this post. But basically, I had the (almost) exact car I wanted. The only issue was that no matter how much more money I spent on it, it was still at its core, a 2000 model S2000. Any more modding and I would have been just wasting money. Basically, I wanted a vented hood with the cut outs on both sides, side strakes, AP2 tails, INGS+1 rear bumper, and J's front fenders. Just aesthetics. Blah. I'm over it.

Just thought I'd update with what's going on now.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 06 LBP. Why the change of heart?

You really need the VSA eh lol
Old 06-29-2015, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Themikewoo
I have a 06 LBP. Why the change of heart?

You really need the VSA eh lol
Flashpro... mainly. Could care less about VSA, I'll probably wire a relay in to turn it off automatically. And Silverstone just doesn't compare to GPW/LBP. I've learned what to do and what not to do with the S. Now I can buy the exact car I wanted from the beginning rather than rushing into the first one I test drove and cheapest one I could find.

I'm too excited about being able to lower the VTEC threshold, 8500 redline with an f22 then being able to flash to an eco tune for long highway trips for max fuel economy.

Also.. this one probably won't be my daily. I'm looking into older TSX, TL, or maybe an e46 BMW but I think the Hondas of the bunch will be much more reliable. All manual, of course.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:56 PM

Pictures of the car currently because well... why not?

So factory. Other than the leather console and AP2 door panels.

Fresh alignment

And all the parts...

I've sold everything except the KWV3s at this point so there's no going back. Just forward into a new S.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a button to turn off VSA. Not sure if it would ever turn on. On all my spins in Autocross it has never turned back on automatically.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:46 PM

This thread can officially come to a close. I ended up buying a 2004 GPW a few months after selling this car, but it will always be special to me. See my sig for details on the new car.

RIP

Old 10-31-2018, 04:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, very neat
Old 11-17-2018, 02:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey Great post! Enjoyed the transformation

Hey I'm in fayettville and would like to have check out my S2k if possible I just purchased and I drive it a lot.any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated. I travel to Dillion Sc for family on weekends. Thanks for your support and technical advice for noobs learning about our Awesome piece of machinery!
Old 11-17-2018, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by CORN BREAD
Hey I'm in fayettville and would like to have check out my S2k if possible I just purchased and I drive it a lot.any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated. I travel to Dillion Sc for family on weekends. Thanks for your support and technical advice for noobs learning about our Awesome piece of machinery!
I’m about two hours from you in Charlotte, but I definitely can connect you with some people that can help look over your car. Send me a message on here and I will try to help the best I can!

Quick Reply: 2000 Modifications and Maintenance