S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Hks hypermax lv SP " review "

Old 11-12-2014, 02:44 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hks hypermax lv SP " review "

Hi

I saw a few times that people are asking question about those coilovers. I am not an expert in that matter but i've been running my S for over 12 years with 3 diferent suspension setup so at least im not completly blind. So here's what i can say about these

So , installation was as expected , easy for someone who knows what he's doing. The FUN PART is that it comes assembled in all the ways in can be. Height , damping , preload. The way HKS tested it on their car. But it is said to be adjusted for 18" wheel and stagered setup. It also comes with a rear extender to adjust damping for the one under the gaz lines. The brake line braket is i bit on the cheap side with the hose clip but it those the job no doubt about it.

Height from factory seems great. Althought I think I would lower the front a bit more for looks. Maybe half an inch. Probably cause my front fender are slightly pulled cause the rear sit perfectly with a finger gap.

Tried them a little on the street and they felt great. You can feel that they are 16k's but it not that harsh !! It is not bumpy at all and it doesn't feel like the car is gonna break when you it holes or major cracks ( I live in quebec , road are like Baghdad here ) and the steering also feels sharper than on my previous setups.

Didn't play with the damping yet and wont be able until summers coma back. It is supposed to be factory set at 15 ( middle) and on the 3 rides i did with them i didnt felt the need to play with it.

I will only hit the track next summer cause there is no even left this year. I m conviced that they are going to great for track days.

That is all for now , i should post again next summer if no one gives their track experience with them until then.

I would like to here from others who bought those Sweet coilovers.

So far i would give them 10/10. I know , i know it just look like im trying to tell my self i did a good choice .... But im pretty shure i did

Here is some pics

Old 11-12-2014, 04:56 AM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Want these
Old 11-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Sponsor

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the great review, you got them at a special price. Too bad HKS only limited a few sets at this price. I can't wait to hear more from you in the summer!

- All Items Are Shipped Via FedEx.
- All Orders Are Repackaged To Help Prevent Any Damage Which May Occur During Transit.
- Any Order Cancellation Will Result In A 25% Processing Fee.
- Local Pick-Ups Available. Please Call For Details.
- No Cancellation on JDM Or Special Orders. No Exceptions!
Old 11-12-2014, 10:32 AM

Oh yeah !!

That was an AWESOME price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2014, 11:33 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice pickup. I had the Hipermax III Sports and loved them (despite a bit of harshness on the street). I heard that these were suppose to be better on the street. Look forward to your summer review after more street and track time.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks for the write-up! What setups did you have in the past?
Old 11-12-2014, 04:26 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

They look amazing, nice parts. I read that they recommend a lower rear installed height compared to the fronts - by about 10mm ?, curious to know why they do that ?, like negative rake.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
They look amazing, nice parts. I read that they recommend a lower rear installed height compared to the fronts - by about 10mm ?, curious to know why they do that ?, like negative rake.
We're did you read that ??

Old 11-13-2014, 12:40 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylvain2000
Originally Posted by JFUSION' timestamp='1415841984' post='23403242
We're did you read that ??

Sorry I mis-read the instructions, the front installed height is 636mm front, rear is 650 mm , it was the drops that were different where the drop on the front was larger at 33mm and 22mm drop on the rear. So they still keep the positive rake rear to front. And this was for the Hypermax 3 sport. Sorry about that.

I was reading their instructions during my Bilstein installation as the Bilstein instructions were terrible.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I literally just installed these yesterday as well. Going to wait a bit until I post my impression of them, but so far I like them. I will say that the factory setting was too bouncy for me, but two clicks towards the harder side seems to be about right.

Quick Reply: Hks hypermax lv SP " review "