S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Weekend at Dean's

Old 02-05-2015, 12:27 PM

Received 705 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by dean
Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='1423011627' post='23492655
We finally made it home about 4 this afternoon after stopping off in St Augustine for a couple/nights to rest up before trekking back. The trip home was fairly uneventful until I got about 2 hours from home (6 hours drive time from St Augustine). I was merrily floating down Hwy 17 which as most of you know is simply a straight highway, little traffic, nothing to see but grass, fields and an occasional swamp when blue lights appeared in my rear view mirror. I'd been through over 200 miles of I-95 an passed through at least a dozen radar spots but wouldn't you just know a trooper decided to pull me over. My car was pretty packed with stuff and when the trooper approached the car I rolled down the window and he said he'd like to see my license and registration. I told him I'd have to open the door to get my license from the back seat and he was nice and smiled and said ok, so I opened the door and began to dig around trying to find my wallet and then I played the old lady card and said, Oh, here it is stuck in the walker. I got a speeding ticket anyway, but oh well. That's just a little more tax I'll need to pay to continue driving. The frustrating thing is that it took 19 minutes for him to write the ticket and I had 19 minutes to make up elsewhere on the highway. Oh, everytime I think about the weekend I laugh. You guys are hilarious!
I am absolutely thrilled that you two made it down here. And I never thought I was ever going to see any of you again. My traveling days are over, but you have a standing invitation to come down and stay with us any time.

People keep thanking me for this meet. I had nothing to do with it and the meet was entirely for my benefit. The thanks need to go to Rori, Deb, Bill, Texas Jim. Bandiscoot, along with a number of others. And of course, I owe everyone who attended a big thank you. You folks have no idea what it meant to me.

Not to come across as ungrateful, but please leave tof at home next time. I have to be careful about negative impacts on my property values.

Dean, I have adored you and your wit from the day you joined our band of witty bandits. It was very hard to leave Florida knowing your home was in the rearview mirror. Besides that, I knew the temps were only in the 40s here. Rori is absolutely the hostess with the mostest and it was wonderful to be in your laughter filled home! Jim said he wouldn't have missed that meet for the world even if he had to come down in a jet-powered wheelchair. It was great to meet Bandiscoot and to see so many people for whom we care so much.
Old 02-05-2015, 01:27 PM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by tof
Originally Posted by valentine' timestamp='1423136222' post='23494363
OMG!!! Dr. Happy looks just like tof!!!!
https://www.youtube....h?v=EtXGKqWz8nU
That's my cousin Bob. I had no idea he had received his doctorate or that he was particularly happy.
Blame it on the '60s, or maybe it was the 70's, who can remember.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:02 PM

Received 458 Likes on 270 Posts

I really do regret that I missed this "Mini Meet". I was really looking forward to it.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:40 AM
tof

Received 1,914 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Dean, in case I didn't say this before, please thank Rori for everything. She welcomed us into your home with grace and humor, which remained intact in the face of our rowdy and raucous ways as the evening wore on. She combines the sharp wit and keen social instincts of a Yankee lady with the soft charm and gentle kindness of a daughter of the South.

You were fun, too, especially when we stepped on your O[sub]2[/sub] tube.

Oh, and thanks for all the fish. They were fun to watch.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ tof, it was entirely our pleasure. I got to see many of the people I wanted to see. And Rori was thrilled to finally meet you folks, as well.

If any of you should find yourselves in Florida to escape the weather and cold, please stop by for a meal or two. And feel free to spend the night at our place.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:58 AM
Former Moderator

Received 610 Likes on 373 Posts

I'm still smiling from the whole weekend - seeing all of you and touching base with Dean and the lovely Rori. WOW! I, too, am taking Dean up on his offer to guide me a bit on my Magical Butter churning. Ha, we all left Florida with visions of sugar plums and magical release from pain.

Dean, it was so good to see you. It had been a while, too long.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Grannyrod
Okay, in honor of the olden days, I think it's time for a good ol' fashioned ROLL CALL!!!!!

I'm rolling in 16 hours!!!!! Can't wait since it's freezing in MD.
I am very sorry that I was not able to make it. I was out of town and could not get back in time. Hope your had a good time. Vic
Old 02-11-2015, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by S1997
I'm still smiling from the whole weekend - seeing all of you and touching base with Dean and the lovely Rori. WOW! I, too, am taking Dean up on his offer to guide me a bit on my Magical Butter churning. Ha, we all left Florida with visions of sugar plums and magical release from pain.

It had been far too long and it was great to see you as well.

If you have any questions about the machine, recipes, etc., don't hesitate to email or text me. The same goes for anyone else who's interested. I'm pretty much homebound these days, so it'll give me something to do, and quite possibly save you money and/or trouble.

Do not buy the machine from eBay or Amazon. Buy it directly from the manufacturer, otherwise the company will not honor the warranty.
Secondly, the machine is perfectly legal to purchase and own, so you'll have no problems with the law.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by FLA-Vyk
I am very sorry that I was not able to make it. I was out of town and could not get back in time. Hope your had a good time. Vic
Vyk, I'm sorry you couldn't make it. With all the storms that week, I'm surprised anyone made it.

Stop by my place sometime if you're ever in my neighborhood.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:50 AM

Received 133 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by S1997

Okay I haven't quite stopped laughing yet. What a great time!

Quick Reply: Weekend at Dean's